Elon Musk

@

@elonmusk

R to @TheRabbitHole84: Over the past few decades, among western elites, LGBT shifted from ostracism (or worse) to being the cool kids club

@

@elonmusk

R to @TalulahRiley: I’ve seen quite a few technologies develop, but none with this level of risk. AGI is significantly higher risk than nuclear weapons, in my opinion.

Super smart humans have trouble imagining something vastly smarter than themselves.

@

@elonmusk

R to @EdKrassen: Fair enough then re incumbent not doing debates, although that seems like a tradition that should change

@

@TwitterSafety

RT by @elonmusk: Transparency is fundamental to everything we do at Twitter. As we review our approach to transparency reporting for the future, today we’re publishing our 21st report, with data on our policy enforcement for the first half of 2022. Read more here: An update on Twitter Transparency Reporting

@

@elonmusk

R to @krassenstein: Seems early to run an attack ad. Also, the AI will be much better next year.

@

@elonmusk

R to @ylecun: The hard take-off is already happening. Just zoom out a little.

The most fundamental metric imo is the ratio of digital compute to biological compute vs time. It looks like a wall.

@

@elonmusk

R to @krassenstein: The Swedish study says “sex-reassigned transsexual persons of both genders had approximately a three times higher risk of all-cause mortality than controls”.

If we take as given that the other study 2-3X suicide rate is correct, then doing surgery or chemical sterilization on minors gains nothing in reduced mortality.

My position is simply that we should wait until an individual is mature enough to make their own decisions before other adults make permanent, serious physical changes to them.

The counter to my position would be that if we don’t make the changes when they’re a minor, they may never reach adulthood due to suicide. However, that counterargument does not hold water if mortality is essentially unchanged, which it is.

Btw, I regard cisgender as a slur.