BowelBro Richard Davies Bowel Cancer Influencer

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
I’m not sure what to do. I was following Richard at BowelBro for a long while and we had some good conversations (I suspect because I have a fairly large social media following, otherwise I doubt he would have bothered with me). I pre-ordered his book. I was even one of the people he arranged to “mentor.” Unfortunately he was taken ill and went into the hospice the day we arranged the zoom call. I really believed him but when he would go on the long rants about T it made me curious what on earth could have made him so angry so of course I looked.

When he posted about the mentoring I applied. We chatted briefly about it and he said he would get back to me. Then later that day he put up a story saying all people had been chosen and emails with zoom calls had been sent out. I messaged him asking as I hadn’t heard anything and I assumed I hadn’t been chosen. He said no, he was still thinking, he just put the story up to stop more people applying. Weird. But later that day we arranged a zoom call for the following week.

I started to have doubts. Recently Lisa posted that the book was still in the works but if people wanted a refund then it was fine, just to email rather than message. So I did. And it was ignored. I left it a while and then tried again. This time I got a reply signed “a significant find.” So I assumed emails were being handled by the website/book people.

Then it got weird. They wanted my bank details to issue the refund despite me paying via card on the website. I said I wasnt happy sending my bank details over the internet and could they just refund it to my original payment method. They replied telling me to send my bank details and they’d send the money over straight away. I said again I wasn’t comfortable doing that and could they confirm when I’d receive the refund. They replied saying they couldn’t tell me when I’d receive it as it was after the cut off date (despite me originally emailing BEFORE the cut off date and reminding them of this). They said they’d be happy sending it via bank transfer otherwise they’d have to get someone else to look into it but because it was after the cut off date it wasn’t as simple as that. I suggested that PayPal might be a resolution but was ignored.

I emailed again the next day with my PayPal address. They emailed back saying it wasn’t working and that PayPal said my account wasn’t accepting payments and pressured me again to give them my bank details. So I checked and realised I’d made a spelling error (I was so flustered at this point by the way I was being spoken to, to try and convince me to disclose my bank details) I immediately emailed back acknowledging I’d made a mistake and included the correct PayPal address.

I then received a very rude email saying they were loosing patience with me and wouldn’t be dealing with it until next weekend (?) and it was my mistake but that they had managed to send the money to the incorrect PayPal address anyway. It was at this point that the email was signed as “Lisa” for the first time rather than “a significant find” and I realised who I was actually speaking to.

I emailed again apologising as I thought I had been dealing with the website/book people (as that’s how the emails were signed) and I expressed my sincere condolences and shared with her the communications I’d had with Richard via my Instagram account. I thought sharing my condolences should be the first thing I should do I upon realising I was actually emailing with Lisa herself, and that sharing some personal stories about the nice Instagram conversations I’d had with her husband might bring her some comfort. I also told her that since the PayPal address was incorrect (and had been flagged up at her end as so) she could simply go into her PayPal and cancel it. Failing that it would automatically be returned to her once it was unclaimed.

I was ignored and then deleted from the bowelbro Instagram account and the private messages between myself and Richard have all been removed. They’re all gone!

I realise I’ve lost my money. I realise it was my fault, despite giving her the correct PayPal details once she emailed me letting me know they wouldn’t work. I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t refund to my card, why they pressured me so much for my band details, and why they persisted with sending the money to the incorrect PayPal even after they notified me of the error and I provided them with the correct details.

I just want to share because of the way I’ve been spoken to and treated. I ordered something that never arrived. I sought a refund via email after she publicly said people should do so but was ignored. When I reached out again I was told it was after the cut off date and pressured multiple times for my personal bank details. The way I was dealt with was bizarre, rude and disrespectful. And now I’ve been deleted from the bowelbro page and all messages deleted.

Maybe it’s coincidence but the time I was emailing her yesterday was when she posted about people believing what was being written on the T website. I’m certainly not a troll, I’m not a member of the T website and until the point of asking for a refund all communications with Richard were positive.

I’m of course worried now that she will make my details public as Richard has done in the past with others. I run a business online and she knows my Instagram details. She literally has the power to destroy me (as Richard has said he would to people in the past). I do have copies of all these emails so I can back up what I’m saying if needed, but I’m worried sick!

Aug 14, 2023
So very sorry to hear this, someone said they were waiting till it got to the point that the time limit on card purchases would run out, so you couldnt claim a refund. I would still check with your card people,
I doubt she would dox you, that was richards speciality, And if she does I would go straight to the police and tell them everything, dont phone, actually turn up at a station.
If you are genuine, (we doubt all newcomers on here, think its them stirring the pot) then what shes done is awful, and I'm sure you are not the only one. I have no idea how to help you over this, I hope someone from T sees this and shares it, and his followers on Instagram will then see it, (cos they all read T.) as I'm not on there either. She has taken a risk there, cos if what happened to you does get shared on the dark T web, it will show her up, This is just proving to be more and more fraudulent as time goes on.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

Sep 26, 2023
I’m not sure what to do. I was following Richard at BowelBro for a long while and we had some good conversations (I suspect because I have a fairly large social media following, otherwise I doubt he would have bothered with me). I pre-ordered his book. I was even one of the people he arranged to “mentor.” Unfortunately he was taken ill and went into the hospice the day we arranged the zoom call. I really believed him but when he would go on the long rants about T it made me curious what on earth could have made him so angry so of course I looked.

When he posted about the mentoring I applied. We chatted briefly about it and he said he would get back to me. Then later that day he put up a story saying all people had been chosen and emails with zoom calls had been sent out. I messaged him asking as I hadn’t heard anything and I assumed I hadn’t been chosen. He said no, he was still thinking, he just put the story up to stop more people applying. Weird. But later that day we arranged a zoom call for the following week.

I started to have doubts. Recently Lisa posted that the book was still in the works but if people wanted a refund then it was fine, just to email rather than message. So I did. And it was ignored. I left it a while and then tried again. This time I got a reply signed “a significant find.” So I assumed emails were being handled by the website/book people.

Then it got weird. They wanted my bank details to issue the refund despite me paying via card on the website. I said I wasnt happy sending my bank details over the internet and could they just refund it to my original payment method. They replied telling me to send my bank details and they’d send the money over straight away. I said again I wasn’t comfortable doing that and could they confirm when I’d receive the refund. They replied saying they couldn’t tell me when I’d receive it as it was after the cut off date (despite me originally emailing BEFORE the cut off date and reminding them of this). They said they’d be happy sending it via bank transfer otherwise they’d have to get someone else to look into it but because it was after the cut off date it wasn’t as simple as that. I suggested that PayPal might be a resolution but was ignored.

I emailed again the next day with my PayPal address. They emailed back saying it wasn’t working and that PayPal said my account wasn’t accepting payments and pressured me again to give them my bank details. So I checked and realised I’d made a spelling error (I was so flustered at this point by the way I was being spoken to, to try and convince me to disclose my bank details) I immediately emailed back acknowledging I’d made a mistake and included the correct PayPal address.

I then received a very rude email saying they were loosing patience with me and wouldn’t be dealing with it until next weekend (?) and it was my mistake but that they had managed to send the money to the incorrect PayPal address anyway. It was at this point that the email was signed as “Lisa” for the first time rather than “a significant find” and I realised who I was actually speaking to.

I emailed again apologising as I thought I had been dealing with the website/book people (as that’s how the emails were signed) and I expressed my sincere condolences and shared with her the communications I’d had with Richard via my Instagram account. I thought sharing my condolences should be the first thing I should do I upon realising I was actually emailing with Lisa herself, and that sharing some personal stories about the nice Instagram conversations I’d had with her husband might bring her some comfort. I also told her that since the PayPal address was incorrect (and had been flagged up at her end as so) she could simply go into her PayPal and cancel it. Failing that it would automatically be returned to her once it was unclaimed.

I was ignored and then deleted from the bowelbro Instagram account and the private messages between myself and Richard have all been removed. They’re all gone!

I realise I’ve lost my money. I realise it was my fault, despite giving her the correct PayPal details once she emailed me letting me know they wouldn’t work. I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t refund to my card, why they pressured me so much for my band details, and why they persisted with sending the money to the incorrect PayPal even after they notified me of the error and I provided them with the correct details.

I just want to share because of the way I’ve been spoken to and treated. I ordered something that never arrived. I sought a refund via email after she publicly said people should do so but was ignored. When I reached out again I was told it was after the cut off date and pressured multiple times for my personal bank details. The way I was dealt with was bizarre, rude and disrespectful. And now I’ve been deleted from the bowelbro page and all messages deleted.

Maybe it’s coincidence but the time I was emailing her yesterday was when she posted about people believing what was being written on the T website. I’m certainly not a troll, I’m not a member of the T website and until the point of asking for a refund all communications with Richard were positive.

I’m of course worried now that she will make my details public as Richard has done in the past with others. I run a business online and she knows my Instagram details. She literally has the power to destroy me (as Richard has said he would to people in the past). I do have copies of all these emails so I can back up what I’m saying if needed, but I’m worried sick!
If you have these emails to back you up, then that's good. If she does call you out, which she wont, that's slander to your business, she has nothing to dox you over, you just asked for a refund!! You are the one who has been treated so badly, Please dont worry.
Just be aware she also reads on here, but you have started now, so please dont back down, you have done NOTHING wrong, everyone on here and on T will be on your side.
Hopefully this will get shared on T and his followers will see what she has done to you and how you were treated, this is appalling!! The woman is an absolute piece of work, i personally would log a complaint with my local police, get a crime ref number, just so there is something on record, if everyone who has been blocked and not given a refund does the same, it will go from a small none important matter, to a much bigger case, the police will eventually join the dots,
Thankyou for speaking out, I wish more people would, she can't go around doxxing everybody who speaks out, god only knows what the tit is actually going on. 🤷‍♀️

I would be hugely tempted to contact Troubador publishing and inquire if the book has a print date, and tell them you ordered it, but had concerns and asked for a refund, that you have now been blocked and they have kept your money, might give them a call myself a actually,
Play it daft and ask them if they can give you a refund, it will give them an idea of the type of people they are dealing with, but that's just me, I dont take tit from anyone. You sound like a lovely person, which makes it a horrible thing to treat you that way.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

Sep 26, 2023

And I dont think the money was sent to an incorrect pay pal address either, one diget out either way and it would bounce back as wrong. So that's just an excuse, so they are using your mistake as a way of saying they have sent the money refund, they haven't.

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
And I dont think the money was sent to an incorrect pay pal address either, one diget out either way and it would bounce back as wrong. So that's just an excuse, so they are using your mistake as a way of saying they have sent the money refund, they haven't.
Well she initially said it wasn’t allowing her to send it. She emailed me to say PayPal was saying it wouldn’t let her send the payment because my (incorrect) account wasn’t accepting payments. So I checked, realised I had made a typo and emailed back to let her know. She then emailed a short time later to say she had sent and showed me a screenshot. Note that this was AFTER I emailed her with the correct PayPal address so I don’t know she persisted with sending it to an address she knew was a) incorrect and b) PayPal had already told her it wasn’t accept PayPal payments. It says on the screenshot that she should share a link with me claim it but she never sent me the link, instead telling me she was loosing patience and wouldn’t be dealing with it now until next weekend. I’ll include the screenshot. I’ve deleted my private details but if anyone want to verify what I’m saying I’m happy to share in private.

Aug 14, 2023
I would wait for now, see where this goes.....its all out in public now, so balls in her court, if she has any sense she will stop messing about and give you your refund.!
But all very weird.!

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
I would wait for now, see where this goes.....its all out in public now, so balls in her court, if she has any sense she will stop messing about and give you your refund.!
But all very weird.!
I doubt I’ll get it. There are 16 emails in the thread (not counting my initial email) going forwards and backwards. First say that they’d “have to look into it then and I can’t say how quickly that will be as it is after the date for refunds.” Once I’d sent screenshots proving that I’d initially contacted them but was ignored BEFORE the deadline they then started asking for my address and bank details. There are several emails asking for those details and trying to convince me it was safe, despite me replying to each one saying I wasn’t comfortable with sending my details over in the internet to strangers.

I doubt I’ll get my money back but I realise it’s only £25 and there is actually something bigger going on here (whatever that might be). What should have been a simple request for a refund has had me in tears. I just can’t believe how I’ve been treated.

Aug 14, 2023
Please keep those emails. And I'm so very sorry for the way they have treated you...😥
This is bang out of order, I wonder how many other people they have blocked and not refunded.
When Richard doxxed people, that was a horrible thing to do, but it was done to stop other people from speaking out,
But now, they should speak out, she cant flippin dox everyone who asks for a refund, its their right, people have been messed around long enough, its not their fault the time scale ran over giving refunds, that should still apply, because the delays are not their fault!! and theres nothing to say the book is even coming.
And it may be only £25 to you. but if they have kept say 10 lots of £25 off people who wanted refunds, thats £250. All adds up.

Last edited:

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
Please keep those emails. And I'm so very sorry for the way they have treated you...😥
This is bang out of order, I wonder how many other people they have blocked and not refunded.
When Richard doxxed people, that was a horrible thing to do, but it was done to stop other people from speaking out,
But now, they should speak out, she cant flippin dox everyone who asks for a refund, its their right, people have been messed around long enough, its not their fault the time scale ran over giving refunds, that should still apply, because the delays are not their fault!! and theres nothing to say the book is even coming.
And it may be only £25 to you. but if they have kept say 10 lots of £25 off people who wanted refunds, thats £250. All adds up.
I will definitely keep the emails. I’ve also requested my data from Instagram to see if I can retrieve the messages that she’s deleted. I have a varified account so I can access their chat facility. They’ve been quite helpful in the past. Hopefully I can get them so I can prove I have been nothing but kind and polite toward Richard. We spoke at length several times over the months so it’s strange she would treat me like this now. I just don’t understand. It makes me wonder if others have been treated like this when they’ve requested refunds.

I also feel a bit weird about how persistent they were about asking for my address and bank details. They asked and I refused several times. I don’t understand why they would need them. I provided them with the order number. I paid for the kindle version of the book so there is no need for my address. And I paid by bank card so they could just refund to the original payment method (they use the same platform for their website that I use so I know it’s a very simple to issue a refund. It’s just a matter of clicking on the relevant order and then clicking a button that says “issue refund.”)

I also don’t know why they would delete me from the instagram. Now I am unable to see any update they might post about the book/refunds etc.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else has had the same experience as me.

Sweeterthan

Sep 6, 2023
it’s all very strange and unpleasant, but nothing we haven’t heard before. Several people have said they were blocked when they asked for a refund from Richard. Of course we don’t know who’s telling the truth and who’s just wanting to stir, but Lisa’s reaction sounds very similar to what has been reported as Richard’s previously. It’s horrible when people turn nasty, and as I’ve said before I think she should just refund everyone and shelve the whole silly idea. Having had a quick look at Troubadour’s site there’s definitely no RD book upcoming, and it’ll be one of the most expensive ones they’ve ever done if it is published! At the time he said he had a publishing deal, because his writing was so amazing, but self-publishing is not a publishing deal. I wish she’d just stop with this nonsense and let people just move on. Just one thing I did notice - is she emailing from Richard’s email address? He said in one the posts where he was talking about his imminent, but apparently ‘unexpected’ demise, that all the book things were supposed to go through [email protected]. Was that the email address she was emailing you from?

Sweeterthan

Sep 6, 2023
it’s all very strange and unpleasant, but nothing we haven’t heard before. Several people have said they were blocked when they asked for a refund from Richard. Of course we don’t know who’s telling the truth and who’s just wanting to stir, but Lisa’s reaction sounds very similar to what has been reported as Richard’s previously. It’s horrible when people turn nasty, and as I’ve said before I think she should just refund everyone and shelve the whole silly idea. Having had a quick look at Troubadour’s site there’s definitely no RD book upcoming, and it’ll be one of the most expensive ones they’ve ever done if it is published! At the time he said he had a publishing deal, because his writing was so amazing, but self-publishing is not a publishing deal. I wish she’d just stop with this nonsense and let people just move on. Just one thing I did notice - is she emailing from Richard’s email address? He said in one the posts where he was talking about his imminent, but apparently ‘unexpected’ demise, that all the book things were supposed to go through [email protected]. Was that the email address she was emailing you from?
Sorry, and the PayPal thing - did someone say they’d been blocked from PayPal because of suspicious activity? That would mean that they’d have to use a private account to pay you. Is that what was happening?

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
Yes it’s the significant find email address she requested people go through. That’s the one I emailed. On my phone app it shows the name as the sender rather than the actual email address. I’ll attach a screenshot from my laptop showing the actual email address when I click on the name. So technically I guess it is his email address as it’s in his name. I hope that makes sense.

I realise there might be some suspicion because I am a new member to this site. But I can assure you I am genuine. I only joined this site to discuss this. That’s true. But I am genuine and joined because I am quite worried about what she might do. As I said before I have an online business with a significant following. I’m worried she might try to ruin my reputation like I saw Richard do on his stories to another lady a little while ago. I’m happy to share details privately. I’m not sure if there is a private message function on this website?

Sal

Aug 31, 2023
I will definitely keep the emails. I’ve also requested my data from Instagram to see if I can retrieve the messages that she’s deleted. I have a varified account so I can access their chat facility. They’ve been quite helpful in the past. Hopefully I can get them so I can prove I have been nothing but kind and polite toward Richard. We spoke at length several times over the months so it’s strange she would treat me like this now. I just don’t understand. It makes me wonder if others have been treated like this when they’ve requested refunds.

I also feel a bit weird about how persistent they were about asking for my address and bank details. They asked and I refused several times. I don’t understand why they would need them. I provided them with the order number. I paid for the kindle version of the book so there is no need for my address. And I paid by bank card so they could just refund to the original payment method (they use the same platform for their website that I use so I know it’s a very simple to issue a refund. It’s just a matter of clicking on the relevant order and then clicking a button that says “issue refund.”)

I also don’t know why they would delete me from the instagram. Now I am unable to see any update they might post about the book/refunds etc.

I’d be interested to know if anyone else has had the same experience as me.
God this is awful but at the same time im
Not suprised. There’s been a few people who have mentioned they were blocked after asking for a refund and in turn it sent them over to T. You have done absolutely nothing wrong and if she did attempt to dox you I think she would end up coming off worse as she is the one withholding a genuine refund request. It is very odd asking for bank details and I would never give mine over either.

Guys i did email the publisher over the weekend but I haven’t had a response yet. I will let you know if and when I do.

Aug 14, 2023
They deleted you from insta to stop you saying anything on the page about how you are being treated, also to stop you seeing any updates. T screenshot and put them up away, so you wont miss anything. Just keep checking T. for updates.

Sal

Aug 31, 2023
And yes she does read here too as I’ve mentioned many times I don’t believe they were legally married as there’s no marriage cert on the net although you have to wait 18months for them to show. Then all of a sudden she changed her name to Davies and they photo shopped the photo of her charity run and changed the name on her bib from her maiden name to her married name 🙈

Sal

Aug 31, 2023
Yep he actually posted a photo of himself signing his book deal which has now conveniently been removed from his grid

Sweeterthan

Sep 6, 2023
Well she initially said it wasn’t allowing her to send it. She emailed me to say PayPal was saying it wouldn’t let her send the payment because my (incorrect) account wasn’t accepting payments. So I checked, realised I had made a typo and emailed back to let her know. She then emailed a short time later to say she had sent and showed me a screenshot. Note that this was AFTER I emailed her with the correct PayPal address so I don’t know she persisted with sending it to an address she knew was a) incorrect and b) PayPal had already told her it wasn’t accept PayPal payments. It says on the screenshot that she should share a link with me claim it but she never sent me the link, instead telling me she was loosing patience and wouldn’t be dealing with it now until next weekend. I’ll include the screenshot. I’ve deleted my private details but if anyone want to verify what I’m saying I’m happy to share in private.
I’m possibly being really dim, but is that her holding the phone to show you that she’d sent the money? And if so, who was taking the photo of her holding the phone that was shared with you?

• Wow
Reactions: Sal

Boriswaddle

Oct 29, 2023
I’m possibly being really dim, but is that her holding the phone to show you that she’d sent the money? And if so, who was taking the photo of her holding the phone that was shared with you?
Omg! That’s a good point! Yes it’s a photo of her holding a phone showing she sent the money (to the incorrect PayPal). You can see she’s wearing the ring she posted about on her stories (it’s Richard’s wedding ring with an engraving apparently). So she must have a second phone that she took the photo with.

Sweeterthan

Sep 6, 2023
Omg! That’s a good point! Yes it’s a photo of her holding a phone showing she sent the money (to the incorrect PayPal). You can see she’s wearing the ring she posted about on her stories (it’s Richard’s wedding ring with an engraving apparently). So she must have a second phone that she took the photo with.
This is that ring, although the one in your screenshot looks more ornate but it could be shadows. Of course she may have taken a photo with another phone, but surely she could have just screenshot the page and sent that to you rather than taking a photo of it? And I’d love to be able to get in closer to see those reflections on the ring better … again, Lisa’s very adept at photographing with one hand!

Last edited: