Lou @Lifewithloux

Apr 16, 2023
I’m not sure that’s a thing here. Some councils give you a grant to decorate but it’s only usually £150 or so. Unless there is a scheme for people on sickness benefits but that would be ridiculous to hand a smackhead £2k and think he’s off to decorate with it 🫣
In Scotland you get a community care grant, no actual money is given but you usually get white goods such as cooker, fried freezer, washing machine, bed and a couch

Apr 18, 2023
I thought community care grants weren’t a thing anymore. But I know my cousin got one, it was last autumn. Like I said he’s not an addict, at least not on an opioid blocker. I know he buys pills and smokes weed.

He did live in the Simon community hostel though so it’s possible it’s them that have given him a grant.

I’m 100% sure she’ll be getting help of some kind. They won’t give her a flat without as much as a saucepan, surely. Custody of the kids is out of the question now, I think. Although if she made a lot of changes I think she could be granted contact with them. If she proved herself I think she could (assuming there haven’t been some sort of abusive incidents we don’t know about)

Apr 20, 2023
She can't see the difference between want and need, can't put the children first, can't see ste is worse than her, won't accept responsibility for her choices. She's fed unless she starts with those basics.
I can't see why she'd not be eligible for the col payment, she was getting uc in jan/feb, wasn't sanctioned until March April. Guessing its more lies so she can get drugs/bits and bobs.
No way her mum would see her starving, she'd get at least a tin of beans a jar of coffee etc.

Apr 16, 2023
She is entitled! She thinks she is entitled to everything and any help isn’t good enough for beggylou! She doesn’t want to put the hard work in to make something of her life she wants it all given to her, there is only so many times you can help someone when they don’t even help themselves, I think Lou is now finding out that people don’t want to help no more but instead of realising she has to do it she is pulling this poor me act, she is a lazy person

Apr 21, 2023
I thought community care grants weren’t a thing anymore. But I know my cousin got one, it was last autumn. Like I said he’s not an addict, at least not on an opioid blocker. I know he buys pills and smokes weed.

He did live in the Simon community hostel though so it’s possible it’s them that have given him a grant.

I’m 100% sure she’ll be getting help of some kind. They won’t give her a flat without as much as a saucepan, surely. Custody of the kids is out of the question now, I think. Although if she made a lot of changes I think she could be granted contact with them. If she proved herself I think she could (assuming there haven’t been some sort of abusive incidents we don’t know about)
I wouldn't trust her to have contact with a hamster

Yamfoot

Apr 12, 2023
In Islington you get the equivalent of a community care grant as well. Between one and two grand depending on dependants. I think wherever you live in the uk if you’re in her situation you’ll get help furnishing your gaff. It’s not cash, usually Argos vouchers or a voucher for a local s furniture shop like the ones KK shops in. I have a friend who isn’t 10% as bad as Lou where it comes to drugs. Granted she still has her children so probably gets a little more help than Lou but when I say they help with everything that you need I’m not exaggerating. She doesn’t need one single thing from strangers on t’internet, we’re already paying for her via taxes 😅

Skuldugery

Apr 18, 2023
I’m my area homeless accommodations all have white goods in them. I think a bed and sofas too. Maybe not a hoover but I think you’re able to be clean, dry and fed. Also, food banks here deliver parcels, especially if housing or social work have referred you. You’d never be left to starve. It might not be exactly what you’d choose if you were shopping yourself, but there’s no way you’d be allowed £13 to survive a month on with no donations of food.