Lou @Lifewithloux

Lous Alexa

Apr 16, 2023
All of this makes me think that the cost of living payments really should be given as supermarket vouchers (for food and non alcoholic drinks only!) Just think how much of it is spent on drugs and alcohol 😔 and other non essentials by people like Lou and MC Ste.

I work hard for my money, always have done, worked 3 jobs when I’ve needed to, and lucky to have never needed to claim benefits. But what do I get? Taxed at the end of the month to pay for these smackheads to get given a £300 ‘reward’ when my full time wage barely covers the basics. I get for some families it is a life saver, but surely a supermarket voucher is a more sensible option??

GinandMe

Apr 28, 2023
All of this makes me think that the cost of living payments really should be given as supermarket vouchers (for food and non alcoholic drinks only!) Just think how much of it is spent on drugs and alcohol 😔 and other non essentials by people like Lou and MC Ste.

I work hard for my money, always have done, worked 3 jobs when I’ve needed to, and lucky to have never needed to claim benefits. But what do I get? Taxed at the end of the month to pay for these smackheads to get given a £300 ‘reward’ when my full time wage barely covers the basics. I get for some families it is a life saver, but surely a supermarket voucher is a more sensible option??
I see where you're coming from but no a supermarket voucher wouldn't be a more sensible option. I work and I also get the COL. It went in at midnight last night and I paid it straight out to my gas bill which came in at 700 for quarterly billing. A voucher for asda/morrisons would be nice but it doesn't pay off a gas bill.
It's just cretins like these two who abuse the system and everyone then thinks all benefit claimants are also cretins.

Lous Alexa

Apr 16, 2023
I see where you're coming from but no a supermarket voucher wouldn't be a more sensible option. I work and I also get the COL. It went in at midnight last night and I paid it straight out to my gas bill which came in at 700 for quarterly billing. A voucher for asda/morrisons would be nice but it doesn't pay off a gas bill.
It's just cretins like these two who abuse the system and everyone then thinks all benefit claimants are also cretins.
I definitely don’t think all benefit claimants are cretins, hope my post didn’t make you feel that way ❤️ and totally understand your point and so guess it would not be the best option for most