Lou @Lifewithloux

May 11, 2023
Do we think lou may also have adhd though? Like I admit she’s a complete idiot but things like the strong sense of injustice when the slightest ‘unfair’ thing happens is wild to me. Maybe she’s just a petulant child but 🤷🏻‍♀️
I have adhd and I think she's got it severely. I recognise a lot of adhd behaviours in her. I found out i had it last year and it explains such a lot. I have tried to have sympathy for how much she's struggling but do her - ADHD doesn't make you a t.

Edited to say, i think unmanaged ADHD is part of the problem but the drug abuse and just being a general t is the major issue.

Oct 3, 2023
I have adhd and I think she's got it severely. I recognise a lot of adhd behaviours in her. I found out i had it last year and it explains such a lot. I have tried to have sympathy for how much she's struggling but do her - ADHD doesn't make you a t.
I do see a lot too, not making excuses or rationale for her twatty behaviour but my husband also has adhd and is un-medicated so although it isn’t personal experience I can see some elements of it.
How did getting the diagnosis make you feel if you don’t mind me asking? Was it the confirmation you needed to understand yourself more and adapt to find ways of managing that work for you?
My husband struggles to tell me what he needs a lot of the time and it causes some friction and frustration on my part even though I know he can’t help it 😭

Apr 20, 2023
But looking back at how she was a few years back, went to uni, ok didn't finish, but still. Then had the kids... obviously low intelligence, but she used to function more or less normally. I really think the drugs have fried a bit of her brain, I also think she actually likes her lifestyle, drugs free stuff and non stop drama.

May 11, 2023
I do see a lot too, not making excuses or rationale for her twatty behaviour but my husband also has adhd and is un-medicated so although it isn’t personal experience I can see some elements of it.
How did getting the diagnosis make you feel if you don’t mind me asking? Was it the confirmation you needed to understand yourself more and adapt to find ways of managing that work for you?
My husband struggles to tell me what he needs a lot of the time and it causes some friction and frustration on my part even though I know he can’t help it 😭

Skip over if you're not interested in adhd 💞

I found out my son had it in July last year - he was 17 and had struggled throughout school etc.
Then because it tends to run in families, i got hyperfocussed on symptoms in women. All the lightbulbs exoloded at once. I went for diagnosis because i wanted to try meds.
By the time it came to my psych appointment i knew 100% i had it. The diagnosis just gave me that validation, i spent a lot of time reframing my past and digging up things that I'd hidden away from shame or embarrassment. I also think my mother is on the autistic spectrum somewhere and that explains why I've never understood her and why i always thought she was weird (i know better now).
I'm not medicated either - made me feel worse but I've got an intense well paid job, family, run a home and help my parents - sometimes i think I'm going to lose my mind 🤣
I need time to decompress and process things, I've got a small circle of friends because i can't cope with the demands like remembering birthdays etc. I just felt like i let everyone down all the time.
My husband struggles with me and my son. He doesn't understand us and how literally EVERYTHING can be attributed to adhd. He gets so frustrated.
I get it, but i also know we can't help the things that infuriate him and there's no malice behind our forgetfulness, disorganisation, untidiness etc etc etc.
I think we're getting there slowly - i make a massive effort to keep the main bits of the house tidy, i have a million alarms set on my phone so i don't forget stuff, Alexa's constantly shouting at me to remember things 🤣
I think it's a huge effort on both sides - adhd to try hard and manage the bits that piss others off and the neurotypical to try and understand and be patient.
I've learned everything i know off Instagram - the NHS support was s. There's a couple on there who are really helpful - adhd_love she has adhd and he doesn't... Lifeactuator is good and so is adhdchatter. Also, podcasts are brilliant - adhdaf (adhd as females) is great - really helpful. If you follow loads of adhd Instagram accounts it might help to reframe our annoying behaviours 🥰
Lou is (to me) an exceptionally severe case (with a sload of other stuff thrown in) but i also think she's a devious snivelling arsehole who's almost beyond help .

Sorry for loooong post! Hope it helps xx

May 11, 2023
But looking back at how she was a few years back, went to uni, ok didn't finish, but still. Then had the kids... obviously low intelligence, but she used to function more or less normally. I really think the drugs have fried a bit of her brain, I also think she actually likes her lifestyle, drugs free stuff and non stop drama.
I think her obsession with hinch and the desperation to be like her was an adhd thing. She never felt good enough and the inability to be a cleanfluencer drove her nuts - fuelled the begging. Drugs gave her a short dopamine hit and now she's fed. The obsession with planners then never using them is classic adhd x

Oct 3, 2023
Skip over if you're not interested in adhd 💞

I found out my son had it in July last year - he was 17 and had struggled throughout school etc.
Then because it tends to run in families, i got hyperfocussed on symptoms in women. All the lightbulbs exoloded at once. I went for diagnosis because i wanted to try meds.
By the time it came to my psych appointment i knew 100% i had it. The diagnosis just gave me that validation, i spent a lot of time reframing my past and digging up things that I'd hidden away from shame or embarrassment. I also think my mother is on the autistic spectrum somewhere and that explains why I've never understood her and why i always thought she was weird (i know better now).
I'm not medicated either - made me feel worse but I've got an intense well paid job, family, run a home and help my parents - sometimes i think I'm going to lose my mind 🤣
I need time to decompress and process things, I've got a small circle of friends because i can't cope with the demands like remembering birthdays etc. I just felt like i let everyone down all the time.
My husband struggles with me and my son. He doesn't understand us and how literally EVERYTHING can be attributed to adhd. He gets so frustrated.
I get it, but i also know we can't help the things that infuriate him and there's no malice behind our forgetfulness, disorganisation, untidiness etc etc etc.
I think we're getting there slowly - i make a massive effort to keep the main bits of the house tidy, i have a million alarms set on my phone so i don't forget stuff, Alexa's constantly shouting at me to remember things 🤣
I think it's a huge effort on both sides - adhd to try hard and manage the bits that piss others off and the neurotypical to try and understand and be patient.
I've learned everything i know off Instagram - the NHS support was s. There's a couple on there who are really helpful - adhd_love she has adhd and he doesn't... Lifeactuator is good and so is adhdchatter. Also, podcasts are brilliant - adhdaf (adhd as females) is great - really helpful. If you follow loads of adhd Instagram accounts it might help to reframe our annoying behaviours 🥰
Lou is (to me) an exceptionally severe case (with a sload of other stuff thrown in) but i also think she's a devious snivelling arsehole who's almost beyond help .

Sorry for loooong post! Hope it helps xx
Thank you so much, your response is really helpful - I definitely need to work on not feeling like he’s doing things on purpose to wind me up even if it sometimes seems that way (I know it isn’t) 😅 and acknowledge that it must be just as frustrating for him, if not more so x