• Biden

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
Trump tends to go off on crazy tangents when he's away from his handlers. The other day it was about getting eaten by a shark (don't ask, I have no idea) He announced he would testify in his trial, but the lawyers wouldn't let him. He's Looney tunes.

There are plenty of intelligent, qualified people the Democratic Party could have put up, but they seem to feel that it's Biden's turn so even though the decline is painfully obvious, we get him. They sell him as the lesser of two evils.

Trump is honest to god frightening. He has people that support him no matter what. I feel that he's told us what he wants to do but people are like there's no way he could get away with those things. They forget that he surrounds himself with sycophants who will do anything to stay on his good side. He is a true Malignant Narcissist. I am terrified.
When Trump was in office it seemed like, overnight, the world became a much more dangerous place. I can only imagine what ordinary Americans must have felt. he's not your typical statesman is he? I have a friend in the America who tells me the country is on the brink of a civil war and Trump supporters are fuelling this. I don't know if thats an exaggeration?

Boop

Mar 24, 2024
United States
When Trump was in office it seemed like, overnight, the world became a much more dangerous place. I can only imagine what ordinary Americans must have felt. he's not your typical statesman is he? I have a friend in the America who tells me the country is on the brink of a civil war and Trump supporters are fuelling this. I don't know if thats an exaggeration?
The world certainly became a meaner place. Trump is a very small man. The only things that matter to him are his own wants and desires, and he is vindictive, punishing anyone who does not kiss his ass. His tenure as president was only about how he and his family could profit monetarily. His followers (cult members) mainly consist of uneducated white men (and women!) and scary evangelical Christians that want to go back in time to 'when things were good'; you know when black people and women were subservient. When men ruled their homes and had all the jobs. It's more complicated than that, but you see what I mean. His followers are too stupid to see that he doesn't give a s about them at all. They are a means to amend - getting him back into power so he can make more money. They really do seem to want a civil war when everyone else wants to live a decent life.

Most people want a livable wage, universal healthcare, gun control, an end to constant wars. The reason most are unhappy is that the Democrats pretend they're "for the people" and make all the promises, but nothing changes because they are beholden to their corporate overlords too. If they really wanted universal healthcare, they could've had it when Obama was president. At that time, the dems held the white house, the senate and the house, yet it didn't pass. So they talk a good game, but nothing comes of it. They say we have the right to peaceful protest, but anti genocide protests at our universities were violently put down and people arrested, graduations were cancelled! God forbid you go up against corporate defense industry profit!

Well, this was depressing to write and think about 😂 Stay cool.

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
with that said, since Biden took office I feel like he's led the world closer to ww3. Russia invaded Ukraine during a Biden administration. the situation is dire and what has Biden done other than extend the time is takes for Ukraine to lose? I feel with Trump he's the type to '' meet you at your level... draw a line and dare you to cross it'' that's the style of geopolitics Putin respects. I think Trump will want to negotiate with Putin without delay if he gets into office. If Biden is re-elected, we can expect to see more of the same which will only lead to increased tensions.

Boop

Mar 24, 2024
United States
Well, tonight's the Presidential Debate. Trump has demanded that Biden take a drug test before he will debate. His cult are saying that Biden uses an ultra secret performance enhancing drug to "hide his dementia". I can't make this s up.

Everyone I know will be watching for the car wreck aspect of it, not for substance. The most important issues of our time such as cost of living, homelessness, unaffordable child care, GENOCIDE in real time, non-livable wages, these this will get lip service at best.

I believe we are living witnesses to the crumbling of the US empire.

Boop

Mar 24, 2024
United States
The debate. Where do I begin? It was painful to watch. Biden was like the Grandpa at the holiday party that gets wheeled out. He mumbled and stumbled over words. It was like all the debate prep got jumbled in his geriatric brain. He's a decent enough old man, but not presidential. The press is finally having to say it out loud. Biden should drop out. The Democratic Party is desperately trying to paint it in a positive light, or make excuses, but they just can't hide it anymore. Trump almost looked intelligent next to him, that's how bad it was.

NY Times reader comments are floating the idea of a brokered convention, of Biden not getting enough votes for the nomination and choosing someone else. There is real fear that Trump will win - in a landslide - after last nights debacle.

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
The debate. Where do I begin? It was painful to watch. Biden was like the Grandpa at the holiday party that gets wheeled out. He mumbled and stumbled over words. It was like all the debate prep got jumbled in his geriatric brain. He's a decent enough old man, but not presidential. The press is finally having to say it out loud. Biden should drop out. The Democratic Party is desperately trying to paint it in a positive light, or make excuses, but they just can't hide it anymore. Trump almost looked intelligent next to him, that's how bad it was.

NY Times reader comments are floating the idea of a brokered convention, of Biden not getting enough votes for the nomination and choosing someone else. There is real fear that Trump will win - in a landslide - after last nights debacle.
I watched a replay of the debate. Can we begin with the stiffness with which Biden walked onto the stage? :oops: he should have emptied his bowels beforehand lol
Biden stood at the lectern the whole time with a vacant stare in his eyes and every time he turned to look at Trump he looked bewildered. I counted at least 4 instances where he seemed to lose his train of thought and mumbled gibberish.

as far as Trump, I think The Guardian summed it best: ''Donald Trump, a prolific purveyor of falsehoods, repeatedly told lies and avoided answering tough questions. The prevailing reaction to the debate was one of resignation and disbelief that these two candidates were their parties’ choices to lead the country at one of its most critical moments''.

Mar 1, 2024
I watched a replay of the debate. Can we begin with the stiffness with which Biden walked onto the stage? :oops: he should have emptied his bowels beforehand lol
Biden stood at the lectern the whole time with a vacant stare in his eyes and every time he turned to look at Trump he looked bewildered. I counted at least 4 instances where he seemed to lose his train of thought and mumbled gibberish.

as far as Trump, I think The Guardian summed it best: ''Donald Trump, a prolific purveyor of falsehoods, repeatedly told lies and avoided answering tough questions. The prevailing reaction to the debate was one of resignation and disbelief that these two candidates were their parties’ choices to lead the country at one of its most critical moments''.
What is the deal with Biden? Does anyone know why he messes up every single debate or speech he makes? The latest is the NATO speech. Why doesn’t he just admit defeat and give it up. I’m not saying Trump is any way better but jeez He really needs to go. There’s no way he can last another 4 years it’s impossible.

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
What is the deal with Biden? Does anyone know why he messes up every single debate or speech he makes? The latest is the NATO speech. Why doesn’t he just admit defeat and give it up. I’m not saying Trump is any way better but jeez He really needs to go. There’s no way he can last another 4 years it’s impossible.
I haven't watched the NATO speech yet but I saw a headline in the news today that Biden was glaring into the teleprompter and avoided a disastrous slip up during his speech. He's clearly not fit for office but I'm starting to think the team around him must want to keep him in office to pull the strings?

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
I'm sure we're all up to date with the news about Trump. AP news says 'one attendee was killed and two spectators were critically injured, authorities said. All were identified as men.' this was a deadly shooting that Trump narrowly avoided.

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
It's going to be interesting to see how Trump behaves in the coming days and weeks. Trump's reaction to the shooting is what I think will have the most impact on the presidential election, rather than the shooting itself, if that makes sense.

I have no doubt that his base will be more determined than ever to vote for him (it won’t add any more votes) but for the undecided voters, if Trumps continues with the same divisive language or tries to use what happened as a pretext to claim that the Democrats were somehow plotting against him, I don’t think he will win over those undecided voters.

Boop

Mar 24, 2024
United States
This is earth shaking news. The Convention is in a month. There was a New York Times article on what happens now. Either the delegates give their vote to Kamala or open convention and we get a new nominee. I prefer the latter; I don't believe this country could handle a president that is female and black. I don't think it's okay, but it is reality. The article poses the question, can the US pull off a super fast election like GB did. With the COL crisis and the way capitalism has been working, I we would have a result very similar to England. With Trump running high, it's a scary time to be American. Just my two cents. 🤞

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
This is earth shaking news. The Convention is in a month. There was a New York Times article on what happens now. Either the delegates give their vote to Kamala or open convention and we get a new nominee. I prefer the latter; I don't believe this country could handle a president that is female and black. I don't think it's okay, but it is reality. The article poses the question, can the US pull off a super fast election like GB did. With the COL crisis and the way capitalism has been working, I we would have a result very similar to England. With Trump running high, it's a scary time to be American. Just my two cents. 🤞
the US elections is happening as scheduled I thought? how common are snap elections in the US?
I couldn't understand the reason behind our former pm's decision to hold a snap election at first, but it seems it was timed around the drop in inflation that he would later go on to try to leverage in his campaign. it didn't help.

Boop

Mar 24, 2024
United States
the US elections is happening as scheduled I thought? how common are snap elections in the US?
I couldn't understand the reason behind our former pm's decision to hold a snap election at first, but it seems it was timed around the drop in inflation that he would later go on to try to leverage in his campaign. it didn't help.
In my lifetime there has never been a snap election in the US. The election is scheduled for November. They are really pushing Kamala as the nominee, but I hear so many talking about an open convention. Despite how they try to portray "democracy" in America, the DNC chooses the candidate they want and then we vote. I don't know how this plays out. Even if she wins, Trump will scream rigged, etc. and I wonder if they'll do January 6th 2.0. I've really lost all faith in the system.

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
In my lifetime there has never been a snap election in the US. The election is scheduled for November. They are really pushing Kamala as the nominee, but I hear so many talking about an open convention. Despite how they try to portray "democracy" in America, the DNC chooses the candidate they want and then we vote. I don't know how this plays out. Even if she wins, Trump will scream rigged, etc. and I wonder if they'll do January 6th 2.0. I've really lost all faith in the system.

we had a situation here with Rishi that you might say is similar to an open convention but not quite, I don't know ? but when Boris (the PM at the time), stepped down as the tory party leader, a leadership contest was called. Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak were the two candidates put forward to a vote of the wider membership of the party. Liz was chosen as the leader despite the preference of the party's MPs for Rishi. Liz then became PM. within a matter of weeks she was booted out and Rishi was installed into office, unopposed and without facing a vote by the party's membership. 👀
Even if Rishi faced a vote for the second time from the tory party members before becoming PM, he wasn't being voted for by the people of the UK so in my view, during his time in office, he was a PM without a proper mandate. Everything about his premiership from start to finish seemed dodgy.

and btw, I've sometimes questioned how they try to portray democracy in the UK in relation to our judiciary system and the role of our judges who are not elected but appointed 👀