Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2023
Florida
20240415175839.jpg
fing love the fact that this has so quickly because a CC meme

Oct 29, 2023
San Francisco
www.tiktok.com
Without trauma dumping, I have to be careful what conversations I involve myself in, when it comes to racism. I wanted to box and say this directly to Tam but it’s too emotive a subject for me and so I needed to write it down.

Whilst the term GW may have been the name for a doll umpteen years ago, it was also used as a slur and likely still is to this day. This is why such slurs need to be handled delicately, even when educating. You’re not just talking about a doll, you’re talking about the history of its creation, its racial intentions and the people of colour that have heard that slur or been beaten whilst hearing it.

That’s why it’s insensitive to shout it repeatedly because that’s likely how it was delivered as a slur.

Lastly, our closeness to blackness does not exclude us from offending others - even if we ourselves are mixed or people of colour.

Sorry for the length but I hope this makes sense 🩵

sazafraz

Mar 27, 2024
Uk
Without trauma dumping, I have to be careful what conversations I involve myself in, when it comes to racism. I wanted to box and say this directly to Tam but it’s too emotive a subject for me and so I needed to write it down.

Whilst the term GW may have been the name for a doll umpteen years ago, it was also used as a slur and likely still is to this day. This is why such slurs need to be handled delicately, even when educating. You’re not just talking about a doll, you’re talking about the history of its creation, its racial intentions and the people of colour that have heard that slur or been beaten whilst hearing it.

That’s why it’s insensitive to shout it repeatedly because that’s likely how it was delivered as a slur.

Lastly, our closeness to blackness does not exclude us from offending others - even if we ourselves are mixed or people of colour.

Sorry for the length but I hope this makes sense 🩵
Perfectly put 👏

Status
Not open for further replies.