Lou @Lifewithloux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2023
Skip over if you're not interested in adhd šŸ’ž

I found out my son had it in July last year - he was 17 and had struggled throughout school etc.
Then because it tends to run in families, i got hyperfocussed on symptoms in women. All the lightbulbs exoloded at once. I went for diagnosis because i wanted to try meds.
By the time it came to my psych appointment i knew 100% i had it. The diagnosis just gave me that validation, i spent a lot of time reframing my past and digging up things that I'd hidden away from shame or embarrassment. I also think my mother is on the autistic spectrum somewhere and that explains why I've never understood her and why i always thought she was weird (i know better now).
I'm not medicated either - made me feel worse but I've got an intense well paid job, family, run a home and help my parents - sometimes i think I'm going to lose my mind šŸ¤£
I need time to decompress and process things, I've got a small circle of friends because i can't cope with the demands like remembering birthdays etc. I just felt like i let everyone down all the time.
My husband struggles with me and my son. He doesn't understand us and how literally EVERYTHING can be attributed to adhd. He gets so frustrated.
I get it, but i also know we can't help the things that infuriate him and there's no malice behind our forgetfulness, disorganisation, untidiness etc etc etc.
I think we're getting there slowly - i make a massive effort to keep the main bits of the house tidy, i have a million alarms set on my phone so i don't forget stuff, Alexa's constantly shouting at me to remember things šŸ¤£
I think it's a huge effort on both sides - adhd to try hard and manage the bits that piss others off and the neurotypical to try and understand and be patient.
I've learned everything i know off Instagram - the NHS support was s. There's a couple on there who are really helpful - adhd_love she has adhd and he doesn't... Lifeactuator is good and so is adhdchatter. Also, podcasts are brilliant - adhdaf (adhd as females) is great - really helpful. If you follow loads of adhd Instagram accounts it might help to reframe our annoying behaviours šŸ„°
Lou is (to me) an exceptionally severe case (with a sload of other stuff thrown in) but i also think she's a devious snivelling arsehole who's almost beyond help .

Sorry for loooong post! Hope it helps xx
Thank you so much, your response is really helpful - I definitely need to work on not feeling like heā€™s doing things on purpose to wind me up even if it sometimes seems that way (I know it isnā€™t) šŸ˜… and acknowledge that it must be just as frustrating for him, if not more so x

Apr 16, 2023
Yeah itā€™s not an easy process, it does share traits with other conditions too. It could also just be a learned behaviour to manipulate folk to feel sorry for her (the most likely circumstance)
And the fact ste has these problems, she's just telling ppl all the symptoms ste has, nothing wrong with her apart from being a lazy druggie that wants everything done and handed to her for free

Stes glamdad

Aug 17, 2023
Firstly, I really like you lot! šŸ„° we come for the tea and stay for the support and advice šŸ™ŒšŸ¾šŸ¤£
Secondly, donā€™t care what anybody says, having adhd is like a super power imo, the ability to keep so many tabs open in our heads is beyond human šŸ’ŖšŸ½
Lastly, canā€™t wait for todays runny s show! Sanctioned Lou is always so much fun! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
My friend has ADHD she is like fing superwoman šŸ’ž what pisses me off is people blagging a diagnosis and holding up people that really need it. My friends kid 100% has it too but they have been fighting for 2 years for a diagnosis and she really needs it for school. fs

OnlouFans

May 3, 2023
Plus she said last night on her live that she can't afford knickers .... bet she just walked all her s into the carpets
lou-budgeting.jpg

May 3, 2023
Firstly, I really like you lot! šŸ„° we come for the tea and stay for the support and advice šŸ™ŒšŸ¾šŸ¤£
Secondly, donā€™t care what anybody says, having adhd is like a super power imo, the ability to keep so many tabs open in our heads is beyond human šŸ’ŖšŸ½
Lastly, canā€™t wait for todays runny s show! Sanctioned Lou is always so much fun! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
I agree. My daughter was labelled stupid, told she wouldnt amount to anything and now she is using it as a student nurses running about wards with more energy and dedication than alot of others working there. She has empathy for her patients and and understanding of always being poorly and in hospital as a child. Adhd is tough but it's a gift that alot of people use as an excuse for poor parenting and bad behaviour.

Jun 9, 2023
Well I donā€™t think we have any chance of entertainment from ste today. Itā€™s Friday AND payday.
Yeah heā€™s probs gone off with those lads he became best friends with on his live .. heā€™ll probably be back on later shoving three cakes in his mouth all at once and squinty eyed mumbling caveman talk

whatever

Apr 12, 2023
On her live on Tictok last night she said that Ste is getting Ā£1400 a month... First she said it was Ā£1800 and then change it to Ā£1400.

Also yesterday she said she doesnt get paid till next week and this morning she only got Ā£90!! She wasnt due any money today!!! She is only upset cos Ste is gone and she doesnt have his money to spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.