Lou @Lifewithloux

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2023
So basically, methadone is just a free substitute for heroin to people like Lou & Ste, who are absolutely NOT invested in true recovery. What a fing waste of money, no wonder The NHS is on its knees. However, I don't believe for a hot minute that she was prescribed codeine, she has bought that on the streets. I don't know where you are, but where I am codeine "shoppers" are known in pharmacies within a 5 mile radius and refused OTC opioids. At least that's a start for change for the better.

And yet even The NHS website states that methadone shouldn't be used alongside other opioids. No wonder the system is abused. I'm appalled. I really am.
Pretty much yeah. I don’t believe she was prescribed it at the hospital but I do absolutely believe that there is every chance (IF she was even prescribed it) that she was prescribed it from Foundations. I obviously can’t say too much considering my job 🙃 but they do have prescribers there that prescribe things such as codeine, pregablin etc to people who are on methadone. But I guess if the NHS/BNF prescriber guidelines said they couldn’t, they wouldn’t do it.

So OTC opioids I refuse to people that I am aware are on methadone but I have worked with some pharmacists that have knowingly sold codeine to people that they know already have a codeine prescription. Believe me when I say the opioid epidemic is much much bigger than you or I could ever imagine and it’s really hard to work in this industry and see things like that day in day out.
I think with the NHS website, the wording is really important. It says that it ‘shouldn’t be used alongside others’ but not that it ‘can’t’ 😕

Apr 30, 2023
So basically, methadone is just a free substitute for heroin to people like Lou & Ste, who are absolutely NOT invested in true recovery. What a fing waste of money, no wonder The NHS is on its knees. However, I don't believe for a hot minute that she was prescribed codeine, she has bought that on the streets. I don't know where you are, but where I am codeine "shoppers" are known in pharmacies within a 5 mile radius and refused OTC opioids. At least that's a start for change for the better.

And yet even The NHS website states that methadone shouldn't be used alongside other opioids. No wonder the system is abused. I'm appalled. I really am.
Exactly. And that's why if something happened to them l really wouldn't feel guilt on what I've said. Like l said the other day l really do have empathy, but not where people who are abusing the help being offered to them are.

Apr 30, 2023
I remember when i was pregnant and had the worst tooth infection ever. I went to the emergency docs and was prescribed some antibiotics and codeine. Went to pick it up at the pharmacy and they'd prescribed 100 codeine tablets. Wtf! You're only meant to take 3 days worth, even the pharmacist was like 'we're not giving you this many' I did get my 3 days worth though.
Agree, the doctors have to go on your pain so if she went in insisting that she was dying with the ankle they have to treat it. They can’t give tramadol and don’t want to give any stronger opioid so the codeine would be the shortest acting and weakest. Mixed with the methadone it would make it more potent though. I’m a chronic pain patient and was on a pain batch similar to methadone and if I took codeine it would have a greater affect.

Also as others mentioned most ppl in recovery would just ice the leg and refuse a med that will temp them. I don’t think she’s clean in any way. She’s taking a lot of various medications on an ad hoc basis id imagine

Apr 30, 2023

Yes and methadone is extremely cheap so it wouldn’t be running up a huge bill even if they were on it for life.

I’m in hospital now just for a procedure today and I’ve had to ask favours for lifts no free taxi. They are milking the system. I thought ste was totally gormless until I saw the messages and read about substantial criminal charges against elderly people. He’s repugnant 🤢 I’d say he’d never pick on someone his own size

Also they brag about being parents and pretty sure you’ve to be horrendous to get a child removed and adopted out. They would have had to also sign him over or a court forced them. Then he has the absolute neck to write’father of one’ on his instagram! That poor little baby is so lucky he escaped them. He’s a lovely little boy despite them. They are scummy

whatever

Apr 12, 2023
I had a friend who was, maybe still is, addicted to codeine.. solpedine to be exact she knew what chemist to go to and on what day. She went from being normal to crazy. I had to step away for my own sanity. She had it down to a fine art of getting it in different chemists.

There is no way a chemist should give it to her. I doubt she got it in the foundation place, cos she asked there last week and they said no.

Apr 16, 2023
It actually massively shocked me going into pharmacy, especially where addicts are concerned. They’re prescribed all sorts alongside their methadone - codeine/tramadol/pregablin etc. I have some addicts ask to buy co codamol but I always turn them down because I find it pointless anyway when they’re on such a high strength opiate.

I think what would also shock you lot is the needle supervision program because the addicts will go collect their methadone AND a fat needle exchange from a pharmacy for free
Wtaf,so am i right in thinking docs give these addicts perscriptions knowing there in recovery or addicts lying that they are ,im totally clueless when it comes to drugs,but i don't even understand the methadone is that not just a substitute for whatever drug they were on but at a lower hit,sorry i sound really thick just don't get the way meth and that works

Apr 16, 2023
I'm on amitriptyline,tramadol, naproxen, codeine & oramorph & the most I get is very sleepy & dizzy, never get "a buzz" from them,
She'd be creaming her pants at my medical cupboard, this is just a bit of my monthly medication
Screenshot_2023-05-09-08-57-09-637_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg
Jesus christ,she would be banging at your door,probably drooling over all that as we no she reads here

Apr 30, 2023
Wtaf,so am i right in thinking docs give these addicts perscriptions knowing there in recovery or addicts lying that they are ,im totally clueless when it comes to drugs,but i don't even understand the methadone is that not just a substitute for whatever drug they were on but at a lower hit,sorry i sound really thick just don't get the way meth and that works
You can’t get high from methadone and it’s cheap for nhs do they leave them on it. If she went in and claimed excruciating pain they may have given her some codeine but I’m sceptical she isn’t just back using class A. She’s mentioned class A repeatedly and her story is very detailed and that usually points to a lie as the liar tries to make the story believable by making it overly detailed…. She’s a master manipulator
I used to pity her but she’s a leech. Lots struggle with addiction and honestly they try , she never tries. Sits on her hold expecting things free and self diagnoses herself with various different illnesses like chronic pain and fibromyalgia etc

Apr 30, 2023
Why is she furnishing Ste’s flat with her temu credits but not getting herself a bloody Hoover that’s she so desperately needs 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
I've wondered this, and thought is she doing it because she's paranoid incase he bins her?. She was a mess when he moved out so l don't think she can handle being on her own full time.

Status
Not open for further replies.