Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

Ferritface

Apr 15, 2024
St Mary Mead
I find it quite scary that it's already hard to get PIP without being interrogated that an official diagnosis and statements from doctors and therapists might not be enough. I know I joke about being not well in the head but I am actually a very unwell person 😬
I currently get pip and my telephone interview was awful. I dread what's coming in the future with the government making changes to the system

I was lucky that I bonded with mine, I'd have liked to have kept going but only 8 sessions.
My brother is in sheltered accommodation because of his MH and even the services he gets have more than halved over the last 5 years, the government are failing many people.
It's so shocking. I tried to fill in the green paper? ( I don't know if that's the right name ) the questionnaire that the government wanted to hear from real disabled and mentally ill people but the first two pages were overwhelming. I felt myself repeating that the government need to fix the NHS first before they target people who are unwell. How invaisis the process really is how the idea of government appointed officials to decide if someone's unwell undermines psychiatrists and doctors. But I just gave up in the end I got too stressed and I didn't want to get to the end and I have to put in my details and I felt worried it would be used against me being able to fill it in.

Apr 7, 2024
cockermouth
That’s so wrong for them to have done that. 😒My brother became a born again Christian and he changed to become one of the most bigoted people I knew. He changed so much. He also later went on to have terminal cancer but he turned away from them thank goodness
they really are a cult, this was 20 years ago she was 31 with two kids, i remember her telling me she gave them 20% of her earnings that was a type of unwritten rule, they took over invaded her house, wouldn't mind but the pastor was in her 50s living with a 20 odd year old as well 😬

I currently get pip and my telephone interview was awful. I dread what's coming in the future with the government making changes to the system
My telephone interview was also awful, they didn't believe me on some aspects and I was too unwell to fight them. I still did get an award though I'm unsure what rate it is because I'm new to all this I didn't know anyone who has pip etc but I get around £270 a month. Which I'm extremely greatful for. I have voice on my renewal that I disagreed and how I struggle. The wait for the renewal is giving me so much anxiety 😭

Ferritface

Apr 15, 2024
St Mary Mead
they really are a cult, this was 20 years ago she was 31 with two kids, i remember her telling me she gave them 20% of her earnings that was a type of unwritten rule, they took over invaded her house, wouldn't mind but the pastor was in her 50s living with a 20 odd year old as well 😬
Those churches still do that. The members of the congregation no matter what their job, have to pay their tithe

Ferritface

Apr 15, 2024
St Mary Mead
My telephone interview was also awful, they didn't believe me on some aspects and I was too unwell to fight them. I still did get an award though I'm unsure what rate it is because I'm new to all this I didn't know anyone who has pip etc but I get around £270 a month. Which I'm extremely greatful for. I have voice on my renewal that I disagreed and how I struggle. The wait for the renewal is giving me so much anxiety 😭
I get that and I'm on the low rate daily living part

Mar 10, 2024
Limbo
I couldn't bond with my therapist and I don't have the luxury to "shop around" for one I do vibe with so was also dismissed. I think some people will just never understand how hard it is to get the help.
They never will. Part of it, I think, is this huge awareness push of everyones 'mental health'. Yes everyone has mental health, not everyone is mentally ILL, otherwise we wouldn't be diagnosing it because the behaviours wouldn't be outliers or need categorising. Everyone has physical health, not everyone has a broken leg. It's allowed for people to claim 'mental health' when really they mean 'i'm having a bad time at this moment, I don't like this feeling'. They should try being actually labeled as mentally ill, its not just fheads like Red, etc who dismiss diagnoses and use it to treat someone as less than them, it's the professionals too who don't listen - or who dont even know whats going on.
People are suffering, being misdiagnosed, and their trauma either overlooked or focused too much on while being diagnosed - IF they get the chance to. This CBT x week s is... fuuccck me, might as well go to an actual priest for absolution. Not long enough, not enough modes of therapy used, and not enough specificity when organising group therapy.

Ignore that I was ranting cause these fERS. I hope at some point (swiftly) you're given the help to address/alleviate whatever you're going/been through (same for everyone else).

🍩

I get that and I'm on the low rate daily living part
I think that's what mines is. I'd be happy to still get that, it's not really about the money I just feel like my award gives me a sense of security that people believe I'm unwell. Because not being believed for years is what lead me to being in the position things are so bad that right now i just cannot work. If I seem like someone who's got their s together online, take it with a pinch of salt πŸ˜₯