Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

PepperBell

Apr 6, 2024
Marks & Sparks
I don’t even really know what to say because I can’t empathise fully with how you’re feeling, so please excuse me for my unpolished words 🙏🏼

With all that’s going on in the world and the horrors of the past, I can’t imagine how helpless you must feel as a community. How deep the pain must go and the ancestral trauma that’s part of your DNA. As a mixed woman of colour I can only relate in part 💔

When I have read about Zionism, I’ve seen a divide in its definition. Some media can present those opposed to Zionism as antisemitic, whereas others have attempted to present it as anti-zionism, separating it apart from antisemitism. This understandably can confuse people and I can see why some may not know the true intended definition.

Here’s the most recent article from the BBC I have read, for example.

This is all said with respect and I hope I have worded things correctly 🙏🏼

Hello Mrs D,

Continuing from this post, Zionism to me simply means (and widely believed among Jewish people) the belief in the self determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel and is rooted in the belief of the 'return to Zion'. before the creation of the state of Israel, Jewish people were already migrating to the land.

It’s also true that not all Jewish people believe in Zionism (and not all Zionists are jews) however, when media outlets use photographs of the Haredim community holding placards at a protest, like in the link you shared, to ''strengthen'' their arguments against zionism and the creation of the state of Israel, I don't believe it's always helpful. Understanding the reasons behind their opposition, particularly among this 'subgroup' is important. Some oppose Zionism and the state of Israel because they consider Israel a secular country and a secular country to them is a sin. I've always wondered in bemusement what people think is going to happen with the arrival of the messiah and the construction of the temple and the 'true jewish state' according to some will be established. 👀

The point at which anti-zionism becomes anti semitic for me is when it leads to calls to get rid of jews or holding jews collectively accountable for bad things that happen.

That’s as much as I want to say about this on a open public forum, for the time being if that's okay Mrs D. I'm feeling exposed lol when I just want to get back to ''waiting in the wings''.

I have no interest in interacting with the individual who is currently on ignore.

I wish there was a way to receive and send private messages on this forum because I'm open to answering questions about this and I believe you are sincere about knowing more? but theres probably good reasons why that feature is not available.

and FREE PALESTINE

(sorry for the long post)

Feb 29, 2024
Take That Sport GIF by CanFilmDay