Sevda.Ela @sevda.ela

Anon_face_

Mar 1, 2024
Truthfully, I don’t understand the “she’s not Turkish” angle. Nationality and ethnicity are two separate things. She and/or her parents can be born in Timbuktu but still have Turkish ethnicity.
I agree she’s of Turkish ethnicity and descent, but the way she goes on about being Turkish all the time and the emphasis she puts on it sounds much more like she’s making it the forefront which is strange when her and her dad were born in the U.K. and her mum moved to the U.K. at 6 years old. None of them are native Turkish speakers nor grew up in Turkey or North Cyprus. People like me who actually have another nationality/passport/ethnicity spend less time going on about it than she does, she’s definitely going on about it for her TikTok brand and it makes her sound ridiculous. She’s more British than Turkish in all honesty. The more removed you get from family members born/growing up in a country the less cultural influence it also has on you. It’s not the same growing up with first gen immigrant parents and second gen immigrant parents and Begda’s are basically second gen and she’s like third gen. I do think the more generations away from the home country you are the more you lose from the culture/identity regardless of ethnicity.

Last edited:

jaesulli

Mar 17, 2024
US
I don’t get the whole Turkish thing. I’m in the US. Great grandparents born in Ireland and Denmark. Grandparents born in Ireland and US. Parents both in US. I’m Irish now i guess. Just saying I’ve only heard about it. No disrespect to anyone. I personally can’t relate. I just don’t get her obsession with being Turkish. Sof**** annoying

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2024
I don’t get the whole Turkish thing. I’m in the US. Great grandparents born in Ireland and Denmark. Grandparents born in Ireland and US. Parents both in US. I’m Irish now i guess. Just saying I’ve only heard about it
I don’t get it either… I’m Australian but previous generations came from other countries.. if we all acted like Sevda did then the only Australians would be aboriginal.. if that makes sense! (Not being racist or causing issues but that’s the way she seems to see it)