J.K. Rowling

@

@WildeWomyn

R to @jk_rowling: And you have changed my life forever thar Christmas day I was gifted the philosophers stone. I fing love you so much. Hope you write a thousand more books.

@

@TheDailyHPotter

Twenty-six years ago today, Harry Potter and the Philosopherā€™s Stone was published šŸ˜

@

@pcasey0430

R to @jk_rowling: Yes, you must be guarded with your mental health. The Dr who tried to convince other Dr to wash their hands before delivering babies went crazy. He was right but he was fighting against the tide. Not an easy to manage .

@

@jk_rowling

R to @DarbyBaileyXO: Thank Arthur Levine, the American editor who took the manuscript and my dear friend, but yes, Dick Robinson too, who was a true icon of publishing.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @dunnemrs1: Hearing from families who shared the books is one of the greatest pleasures of my life x

@

@dunnemrs1

R to @jk_rowling: You gave me the beginnings of stories to share with my young kids. All up late to queue at midnight for new books,them dressed as characters despite the books being for me. My now adult kids remember,laugh and now my eldest is reading them to his boys. I will always be grateful.

@

@tomswanston

R to @jk_rowling: Itā€™s still changing lives all over the world! Potter is the reason I write stories, draw pictures and make films. šŸ™šŸ¼

@

@AllianceLGB

RT by @jk_rowling: When funding for our short film was withdrawn last year, we released a statement expressing our shock and questioning the justification.

Here is an update from our CEO Kate Barker in light of Denise Fahmy's successful claim against Arts Council England:

@

@AllianceLGB

RT by @jk_rowling: Congratulations to Denise Fahmy, who has succeeded in her claim against Arts Council England. She was subjected to harassment for her courageous and principled stand against bias and homophobia. Weā€™re proud to have supported her šŸ‘

@

@HeidiBriones

RT by @jk_rowling: i spoke with a 25 year old lesbian that feels alone standing up for womenā€™s rights in her peer group.

she told me ā€œwomen onlyā€ events are all underground now.

we canā€™t even mention ā€˜women onlyā€™ without threats of violence.

never thought Iā€™d hear of such a thing.

when i was 25 i promoted a lesbian only bar that was competing with another lesbian bar across the street.

i thought weā€™d made it.

i would travel to San Francisco and visit ā€œthe Lexā€ to party with older butch ladies.

none of these places exist anymore.

weā€™ve regressed.

itā€™s fing sad.

god-willing iā€™ll one day move somewhere remote and delete all social media. you wonā€™t hear from me again, and iā€™ll be happy about it.

until thenā€¦

if even one young lesbian decides against transitioning because of me then i win.

if even one lesbian bar can operate as women-only then itā€™s all worth it.

if even one little girl can play sports without worrying about a boy ruining it for her then we all win.

iā€™ll use my voice and take the heat for those who canā€™t.

bring it.

i have nothing to lose. donā€™t do with a lesbian pushed to the edge.

@

@jk_rowling

An exceptionally privileged woman (inherited wealth, private security from childhood) made that very argument to me. I asked whether she lets strange men wander into her house to use her bathroom. Answer came there none.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: And the year in that first tweet should be 2018, as youā€™ll see in the ST article.