HereForTea

Dec 21, 2023
What about Kate? What have I missed? :oops:
Apparently she left cc, and they said she was too nice for here anyways

Season 5 Idk GIF by Paramount+

Oct 29, 2023
San Francisco
www.tiktok.com
@Hunbelieveable a skincare routine for dry skin, introducing chemical exfoliants and skin cycling 🩵 I like to target (no particular order): sallowness; dryness; sebum; blackheads; texture and hyperpigmentation.

I haven’t included receipts, as the post is excessive in length! Hopefully you can trust that I’ve used all products mentioned, multiple times.

Cleansing:
Info:
Double cleanse first with an oil based cleanser to remove SPF, makeup, sebum (pores) etc and second a water based cleanser to remove remaining impurities. Double cleansing is a game changer for eliminating black heads especially, as the oil pulls sebum from your pores, reduces blackheads and minimises the look of pores.

Product(s):
Oil based:

E.L.F Hydrating Cleansing Balm
An excellent beginner balm, very reasonably priced and great way to see if you benefit from/like double cleansing, without breaking the bank. Scoop a small amount, warm between clean hands and apply to dry skin, massaging in circular motions - particularly around nose. Add a little water to your face to emulsify the oil, making it milky and remove with a warm muslin cloth.

Water based:
Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturising Cleanser
A more luxurious product but I cannot in good faith recommend any other water cleanser. The texture and scent are divine and make my skin feel incredible.

Toning:
Info:
I tone with acids (using *skin cycling), as they break down and remove dead skin by chemically exfoliating and really help with skin texture/sallowness. I recommend introducing a chemical (acid) toner very slowly to begin with, perhaps twice a week. You can gradually increase usage and implement a stronger acid via skin cycling, as your skin gets used to the product(s). Your skin barrier is very important and needs to acclimate to chemical exfoliants, so introduce them very slowly.

*Skin cycling is using various products on alternate days, e.g a gentle non chemical toner Sun/Tues/Thurs/Sat and a chemical (acid) toner Mon/Wed/Fri. I would initially recommend a chemical toner twice a week for a few weeks and then using the previous 4/3 day cycle for e.g when comfortable. This protects your skin barrier, prevents over exfoliating and allows your skin to get used to stronger products (e.g acid toners) slowly.

Product(s):
Gentle chemical exfoliant:

Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow PHA + BHA Pore Tight Toner
Whilst this toner contains 3% PHA and 2% BHA, it also contains 16% glycerin and hyaluronic acid (a safe moisturising acid), so it’s very hydrating and a friendly beginner exfoliant, imo. Whilst some people do go on to use daily, I recommend a gentle introduction and increasing use where comfortable and within your skin barrier’s limits.

Stronger chemical exfoliant:
Paula’s Choice Salicylic Acid 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
I absolutely adore this toner but it’s a stronger product that I would recommend using no more than twice a week (at first). I find this one particularly great at reducing the look of pores, thanks to salicylic acid (my favourite acid).

Max chemical exfoliant:
The Ordinary 7% Glycolic Acid
I recommend this product more for body, vs the face. It’s great for underarm use and scalp exfoliation.

Non chemical toner:
Bioderma Sensibio H2O
On days I’m not using acids, I like to use gentle products, to protect my skin barrier. This French micellar water can be used as a (second step) cleanser or toner and is very gentle on the skin. It removes grime but doesn’t strip skin and protects your hydrolipidic layer (protective film that covers skin). I also love the Pigmentbio version of this product, which helps with dark spots.

Collosol Eau de Lait Milk Lotion
Another French recommendation, a delicate milk product that can again be used as a (second step) cleanser or toner. It’s beautifully scented (be careful if hypoallergenic) and gentle on the skin.

Skin barrier:
Info:
When introducing chemical products to your routine, you need to keep an eye on your skin barrier. If you start to experience itching/irritation/redness/swelling etc, stop using ALL chemical toners immediately and switch to gentle products with ingredients such as centella asiatica (cica) - until your barrier is repaired and re-assess your cycling routine.

Product(s):
La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Balm B5 Multi-Purpose Repairing Balm
An incredible product most often used as the final step in skincare, if your skin barrier is compromised or you want to use gentler products. Fantastic ingredients such as panthenol and thermal spring water - reviews speak for themselves.

The Ordinary Soothing and Barrier Support Serum
A newer serum, now a staple in my routine when my skin is irritated or rosacea and hot flushes are rife. Used prior to moisturiser(s) and due to it’s thickness, the last serum applied before cream (serums are applied in order of thickness, thin>thick). It calms and soothes redness within an hour, vs hours without.

Moisturising:
Info:
I have multiple steps in my moisturising routine because I have dry skin, I love the products and it works for me. Skincare is a vital part of my self care and I absolutely recognise I do more than most. Recommendations are listed in the order I apply them.

Eye cream routine is here (CC 🔗)

Product(s):
Uriage Eau Thermale Water
I use this spray water between every layer of my moisturising routine, as it locks in hydration and elevates performance of all products.

COSRX Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence
A uniquely textured product, that is more mainstream these days. Immensely hydrating, especially when used with the thermale water (important they are paired together) and works tremendously well with hyaluronic acid.

COSRX Triple Hyaluronic Moisture Ampoule
The first serum I apply (thin>thick) as hyaluronic acid pulls water in to lock hydration into the skin. It’s imperative to spray your face with the thermale water first, so the hyaluronic acid pulls from that water and not the water within your skin.

Neogen Dermalogy Hyal Glow Rose Essence
Comprised of rose essence and 8 kinds of hyaluronic acid, very hydrating for skin. It’s perhaps my fav product to apply, the delicate fragrance and silky milk texture is exquisite to put on your skin. Don’t forget to spray with thermale water first though!

Glow Recipe Strawberry Recipe Smooth BHA+AHA Salicylic Serum
⚠️ This is a skin cycling product, as it contains acids. Thin gel like consistency serum, containing salicylic, hyaluronic and mandelic acid - that is fantastic for smoothing texture on the skin. I personally favour it for my nose, as it makes it look immaculate when paired with a double cleansing routine.

Don’t forget to spray thermale water before all moisture products, to lock in ingredients.

Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream
Recommended for the bougiest mood, when you want ultra hydration and nourishment. Filled with ceramides and multiple African oils, including marula oil. A luxurious finale to your skincare ⚜️

Farmacy Honey Halo Ceramide Cream
Mid price point but very luxurious ingredients and texture for the cost. It’s filled with ceramides, very soothing to the skin barrier and a lovely thick texture. It intensely moisturises the skin, making it really dewy and plump.

Uriage Xemose Lipid Replenishing Cream
A fantastic multi-use (face/body) cream, that is insanely reasonably priced and keeps my skin hydrated for up to two days. Filled with skin nourishing and barrier protecting ingredients. You’ll ✨ shine like a star ✨ (seriously 😭) as you lay your head on the pillow.

Oiling:
Info:
An optional final step in your skincare routine, that locks in all previous products. I don’t do this every time but when my skin is feeling particularly dry or I’m feeling a little bougie.

Product(s):
Elemis Superfood Facial Oil
Another admittedly pricey product but it lasts very well, as you only require a small amount. Packed with nutrients and aromatic essential oils, it’s intensely hydrating, nourishing and smells fantastic. Pop two drops into your palm, place hands together gently to disperse evenly and pat your face all over gently (don’t rub).

Made By’s Super Serum
This is more or less a dupe of the above product and whilst not exactly the same, it’s a fantastic and reasonable alternative - that’s more than triple the size and just over half the price. It has serum in the name but it’s an oil.

Don’t forget to bookmark 🔖