Thissinglemama @thissinglemamaofficial

Mar 20, 2024
uk
I have carpal tunnel in my hands/wrists from doing massaging for years. I can’t hold a heavy plate of food on the edge of the plate for too long as my hands cramp and stiffen quickly. Any strain on my wrists and hands my fingers lock. Anything with your hands is awful.

My excuse for getting people to hold things for me 🙃
Haha hold my s peasant 😎
Sorry to hear about your struggles! This is why we should take care of ourselves throughout our working life. I’m 26 and got back pain cos of my job! Feel like you can’t complain when you’re so young though because all you get is “you’re young! Wait till you get older then you’ll know about it!” It’s why health and safety in the workplace has become so popular now but it’s still not enforced properly, just do what needs to be done so work places don’t get in s as it’s now the law. If I carry on with this job I’ll be fully broken by 35 (if I’m lucky)

Licketyspit*

May 10, 2024
Uk
Do mine! 😍 if only you wasn’t so far away 🤣 I just know you’d be a doll and give me mates rates (troll rates)
Oh totally hunny🥰 This was my lockdown learning, stuff the laptop, the work waited till I became an amateur nail tech 😂, now I can do biab, acrylics, gels. Saved a fortune and can pick my nose from 2 feet away😉

Mar 20, 2024
uk
Oh totally hunny🥰 This was my lockdown learning, stuff the laptop, the work waited till I became an amateur nail tech 😂, now I can do biab, acrylics, gels. Saved a fortune and can pick my nose from 2 feet away😉
I want to learn biab! I was getting them done regular but you know £££ is tight, I must invest in some equipment and get learning!

Mar 9, 2024
Haha hold my s peasant 😎
Sorry to hear about your struggles! This is why we should take care of ourselves throughout our working life. I’m 26 and got back pain cos of my job! Feel like you can’t complain when you’re so young though because all you get is “you’re young! Wait till you get older then you’ll know about it!” It’s why health and safety in the workplace has become so popular now but it’s still not enforced properly, just do what needs to be done so work places don’t get in s as it’s now the law. If I carry on with this job I’ll be fully broken by 35 (if I’m lucky)

My job was the start of my troubles!!! In 1996 a patient said they needed help to transfer from chair to commode. I used all available moving and handling stuff (which wasn't much back then! We were still using the Australian lift IYKYK!!!)
Anyway, said patient fell back into the chair pulling me with her and I fed my back for the rest of my life.

The "fun" part??? She got up and transferred herself while I was still locked in a 90 degree position!!!

Joys of nursing!!

Mar 8, 2024
Not sure I’ll get many people agreeing with me as we all know Wendy is deffo an enabler of Aimee’s and she bores us all half to death but I am sorry to hear she has arthritis in her hands. Her hairdressing skills are questionable but at least she was making an honest living and had a real job.
My Nan has arthritis, including in her knees she needed to get 2 brand new ones. Before surgery she told me she cried every night and didn’t want to wake up due to the pain.
So I am sorry to hear this, I’m a ‘troll’ I love to take the piss but I don’t wish any one of them ill health
No you are right...bless you. Pain is awful...I've got arthritis in both shoulders and the steroid joint injection I had was amazing ❤️ I broke my ankle in 3 places and dislocated my foot and it changed my life tbh. Really nasty fracture.
Fair play for what you have said. 💕 xx

I think it should be a reminder to A that her parents are getting older and it's time to give back a bit!

May 24, 2024
The World
Haha hold my s peasant 😎
Carpal tunnel is the very least of my worries I can assure you but thank you babe ❤️ i got to 36 with very minimal issues in life then got a biggy, then again at 38 🤣 I should have felt privileged to only have carpal tunnel by 36 🤣🤣🤣
I get what youre saying about being young and your struggles devalued. I hear it with my health battles and even the doctors misdiagnosing me because ‘you’re too young, too fit and healthy’. Completely discredits your struggles and invalidates your feelings towards them. 16/26/36, struggles are struggles and valid to the individual. To have back issues in your 20s is not great because as we get older we deteriorate so this isn’t going to go away for you. ❤️

Mar 20, 2024
uk
My job was the start of my troubles!!! In 1996 a patient said they needed help to transfer from chair to commode. I used all available moving and handling stuff (which wasn't much back then! We were still using the Australian lift IYKYK!!!)
Anyway, said patient fell back into the chair pulling me with her and I fed my back for the rest of my life.

The "fun" part??? She got up and transferred herself while I was still locked in a 90 degree position!!!

Joys of nursing!!
Sorry I shouldn’t laugh I’m just imagining a patient like “what’s this stupid nurse doing on the floor I’ll do it myself then, silly b” whilst you’ve just near killed yourself thinking she needed your help 😅🙃
There’s many times I’ve heard of a single carer going to clients who have it down on their care plan for moving and handling to be done with TWO members of staff !! Usually because we’re short staffed. I’ve refused to do many things that is dangerous for myself and client, I must piss my work off but don’t care. No job is worth injuries (or worse) or a trip to court!!
Hope you take care of yourself now ❤️

Mar 9, 2024
Maybe darling daughter should start looking after her aging mother and father, dear knows they've spend enough time, money and effort on her over the years!! Hate to say it but it just gets tougher, a couple more years and H will be a teenager and her parents will need care. She will soon come down to earth with a bump when the world stops revolving around her.

Mar 8, 2024
Haha hold my s peasant 😎
I was working in a nursing home from the age of 16. This was when we lifted patients manually..no hoists etc. Even the beds had a foot pedal not electric and there were what we called monkey bars for them to grab!
When I look back I was so young to be doing that role... Finding people passed away 💔 and dealing with commodes and pads! Never forgot old Joebwho pinched your bum if your back was turned! We were called Nursing Auxiliaries then!
God i feel old all of a sudden. I guess I found my vocation from that role. 💕
Back and neck are fed amongst other stuff. 🤷‍♀️
I will see myself out to the 'old people's home'...byeeee 👵 🤣

Mar 20, 2024
uk
No you are right...bless you. Pain is awful...I've got arthritis in both shoulders and the steroid joint injection I had was amazing ❤️ I broke my ankle in 3 places and dislocated my foot and it changed my life tbh. Really nasty fracture.
Fair play for what you have said. 💕 xx

I think it should be a reminder to A that her parents are getting older and it's time to give back a bit!
Pain and ill health are no laughing matter are they! I see everyone’s struggles of my lovely elderly clients and I feel horrid I can’t do anything for them. I wouldn’t wish any ill health to my worst enemies. My Nan had those injections often too! The nasty thing with arthritis is you can only try and manage the pain but you can’t get rid of it. Hope you’re doing ok I’m sorry to hear about your struggles ☹️
You’re right Her mum will never be the same now, time to take care of her!

D3sfuturewife

Apr 23, 2024
sunderland
Ladies ladies ladies and men too if there are any !! Sorry I don’t comment a lot as I just don’t have Time , I check in regularly and love reading all your hilarious comments but you all missed something tonight on her DUD !!! Can you hazard a guess ?!?! …. I spotted it within seconds ….. she did NOT use a filter !! Her double chin had saddle bags and she looked rough as f**k and puffier than a puffer fish …. She obviously thinks her Botox is working and didn’t need the filter ….. she needs a refund or a new mirror 🙈

Mar 9, 2024
Sorry I shouldn’t laugh I’m just imagining a patient like “what’s this stupid nurse doing on the floor I’ll do it myself then, silly b” whilst you’ve just near killed yourself thinking she needed your help 😅🙃
There’s many times I’ve heard of a single carer going to clients who have it down on their care plan for moving and handling to be done with TWO members of staff !! Usually because we’re short staffed. I’ve refused to do many things that is dangerous for myself and client, I must piss my work off but don’t care. No job is worth injuries (or worse) or a trip to court!!
Hope you take care of yourself now ❤️

Yeah I'm 9-5 at a desk!!! Helping anybody who wants it with substance misuse. No manual handling needed!! Unfortunately 20+ yrs as an A+E nurse didn't help. I still can't touch that part of my back 😱😱 🦄🦋💐