Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxy Mitchell

Mar 5, 2024
But white people do have white privilege. Maybe you don't feel privileged Roxy but you don't face the same discrimination because of the colour of your skin, or the way your hair looks, appearance in general. White struggles aren't as bad as black struggles and that's the privilege.

Changing one word in a nursery rhyme really isn't that deep, how often do you sing that song that it affects you that much? Is it your favourite song?

DG was behaving slow. He was asking how people don't know hes Jamaican? Because he's not he's a white British man and an online personality. We know him that's why 😭

I think white people do face similar discrimination, just like in recent TikTok incidents of white people being called “milky bar kid” in reference to a white persons skin colour. Ginger people also face the same issue, and have done for many years over their hair colour and skin colour.

I do actually sing that song and many other nursery songs quite a lot to my young child

Referring to someone as "slow" could also been seen as a hate crime. If DG has learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, Aspergers or even depression (which can make the brain slow down) is actually a hate crime

Reactions: Mrs f
Her comment section is disgusting
Screenshot_20240406-143209_TikTok.jpg

Nov 10, 2023
Florida
I think white people do face similar discrimination, just like in recent TikTok incidents of white people being called “milky bar kid” in reference to a white persons skin colour. Ginger people also face the same issue, and have done for many years over their hair colour and skin colour.

I do actually sing that song and many other nursery songs quite a lot to my young child

Referring to someone as "slow" could also been seen as a hate crime. If DG has learning difficulties such as dyslexia, dyspraxia, Aspergers or even depression (which can make the brain slow down) is actually a hate crime
A black person can call me a milky bar, a white girl, a milk bottle, do it they can call me a cracker - it still won’t be racist.

The thing is, being ginger isn’t a race. Black peoples can have ginger hair too. It isn’t a systemic issue, and brunettes don’t have any societal power over redheads.

I fully agree with you over the ableism by the way. It’s unacceptable, and I do hope she was called out for it because in the same way that Pearl was rightly called out for being racist, Paige should be called out for being ableist. No passes. No excuses.

Oct 24, 2023
My claws are under your skin

Discrimination and racism aren't the same thing Roxy. Off the top of my head I can't think of any other nursery rhyme that's had one word changed so I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult for you to sing on repeat all day as you please. If the word slow offends you more than calling black people primates we probably aren't on the same page and won't get along. So I'll add you to my Ignore list & continue to chat with people who don't choose ignorance 🤎

Status
Not open for further replies.