Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2023
Florida
AFAIK they don't usually announce the donor until they're 100% sure , I would guess that the person has passed away. It could be coming from the other end of the country and they'll have to do testing , when things get the `green light` things will happen at 1000MPH though
So the fact he’s been told means that it’s definitely happening?
He could be told any second on live that it’s surgery time right that moment?

Nolan 🎵

Mar 2, 2024
I don’t really want to google this, I just wonder if anyone has a simplified answer, but with this heart transplant, he’s been told there is a donor heart, does this mean the donor has already passed away, or are they expected to pass away soon and that’s what they’re waiting on? Or what are they waiting on?

Does the recipient get to find out the identity of the donor?
My wifes sister went through a Kidney transplant in 2022 , there isn't communication between the two but the recipient can write to the donors family with updates and they can agree to contact after that , my sister in law speaks to the family all the time on facetime now and they regularly meet up , to them my s-i-l is keeping this persons spirit alive and has helped them heal

Nolan 🎵

Mar 2, 2024
So the fact he’s been told means that it’s definitely happening?
He could be told any second on live that it’s surgery time right that moment?
Yeah AFAIK , they'll put the heart through different machines to test it's right for him first and it's healthy enough , so it still could not happen , but I don't think they'd of got him to this stage if they didn't think things will happen

Feb 29, 2024
Whoever it is I feel bad for them, especially when they say they can’t speak up for themselves because they have done a number on them.
If said person is in here and reading this, don’t allow them to keep you down. They are no bigger a person that anyone else on the app, regardless of who or how many put them on a pedestal.
Im glad you found a safe space in Mrs D to share this with 🤎☕
I hope this person is OK. Who is this person they are talking about. Sorry missed so much as listening to Louis.

I don’t really want to google this, I just wonder if anyone has a simplified answer, but with this heart transplant, he’s been told there is a donor heart, does this mean the donor has already passed away, or are they expected to pass away soon and that’s what they’re waiting on? Or what are they waiting on?

Does the recipient get to find out the identity of the donor?
Usually they’re kept alive on life support but there’s no brain activity I believe

Apr 2, 2024
Big gob Village
My wifes sister went through a Kidney transplant in 2022 , there isn't communication between the two but the recipient can write to the donors family with updates and they can agree to contact after that , my sister in law speaks to the family all the time on facetime now and they regularly meet up , to them my s-i-l is keeping this persons spirit alive and has helped them heal
My friend was in life support last week to harvest his organs, he was brain dead but wanted to donate any organs that would help pepole. To me he’s a hero for saving so many lives

Pickle

Mar 7, 2024
I can imagine it can be very comforting for some. I’ve seen videos of people listening to their loved ones heart in the recipient. It’s heartbreaking yet amazing at the same time. ❤️

Nolan 🎵

Mar 2, 2024
My friend was in life support last week to harvest his org8, he was brain dead but wanted to donate any organs that would help pepole. To me he’s a hero for saving so many lives
Had to google to make sure I was right , taken this from nhs UK

All adults in England are now considered potential organ donors, unless they choose to opt out or are in one of the excluded groups. This is commonly referred to as an 'opt out' system.

I think I speak for many , I'd give anything of mine to a match if it meant they have a chance at life , I donate blood yearly , I get a free cuppa and a biscuit out of it!

Feb 29, 2024
Crayon 🖍️ box
Bless him 🩵🩵

Attachments

• IMG_4908.png
    IMG_4908.png
    401.1 KB · Views: 33
Status
Not open for further replies.