Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymous

Feb 28, 2024
for me, if someone opens up about it on a platform, then fine - it's their trauma to discuss how they see fit. What i struggle with is people that say xyz publicly and then do something else online (like their husband gifting their alleged abuser a big gift on tiktok) that then allows people to poke holes in the story. It opens them up to victim blaming and if they are discovered to be fabricating the truth it hurts someone else that has actually had that happen to them and adds to the fear of talking out about such things to other victims.

I personally couldn't put my face online and talk in depth about my SA, as i know that i am not strong enough to handle strangers comments upon it but as i've said before, each to their own.

I don't think you're a dick for thinking like that, it does make even myself question, am i a dick for thinking these people are using their trauma for views? Despite knowing that i've been through a similar experience.
I 100% agree. The person I know was so ashamed they didn't speak on it because they didn't want people to view them differently. I am all for people bringing awareness and educating through personal experiences but i think it is when boundaries are needed to differentiate between seeking attention and validation to actually helping people to understand and empathise. I don't victim shame at all, i have massive respect for anyone to speak out about anything they go through but sometimes it's questionable on how they do so.

Feb 28, 2024
Your mum
Good afternoon good people. I want to say a quick thankyou to all of you for keeping my spirits up and making me laugh over the past few months. Today I got the all clear from cancer and although none of you knew, you all helped me stay positive by making me laugh every day.
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK
Joe Biden Congrats GIF by GIPHY News

• Love
Reactions: Delainey_cc

CreepyCutie13

Apr 29, 2024
Halloweentown
No one knows how they're going to react in those situations, many people have gone through it (male, female, trans, non-binary) and in the moment/after you react in a way unique to you. This could mean you freeze around the person. It could mean you make yourself less of a threat. It could mean you get angry and violent towards the person. It could mean you fire back. Even if someone goes through multiple SA they might react differently each time as well.
Absolutely, this whole situation has me irate. Done with the stupid app and the stupider fing people atp

CLAs Fish Pie

Apr 7, 2024
Somewhere only I Know
Good afternoon good people. I want to say a quick thankyou to all of you for keeping my spirits up and making me laugh over the past few months. Today I got the all clear from cancer and although none of you knew, you all helped me stay positive by making me laugh every day.
Thanks Thank You GIF by BLKBOK
O congratulations on getting the all clear 👏 All the best for your future health 💚

Status
Not open for further replies.