Elon Musk

@

@elonmusk

Note: if many people who you follow or like also follow me, it is highly probable that the algorithm will recommend my tweets. It’s not super sophisticated.

In coming months, we will offer the ability to adjust the algorithm to closer match what is most compelling to you.

@

@elonmusk

R to @TheDustyBC: That’s been true for a long time & is a function of an account’s popularity (Bieber was top recommendation).

I don’t think we should suggest anyone, but just show new users the most interesting tweets on system & adjust according to what they like.

@

@elonmusk

R to @BillyM2k: The algorithm needs & will get major upgrades. We will still publish it later this month, but please expect to see many bugs & silly logic!

What matters is showing users compelling content. We’re doing better than before (I think). User-minutes are up >10% from last year.

@

@elonmusk

R to @boo: My apologies, you must be a genius, which is why Twitter has the worst ad relevance on Earth.

Almost nobody buys anything on Twitter, but almost everyone on Instagram does.

That is being fixed.

@

@elonmusk

R to @teslaownersSV: Never seen anything so messed up. Wish it wasn’t. But we’re making good progress, albeit with many 2 steps forward, 1 step back situations.

@

@elonmusk

R to @SirineAti: You are not alone. When I ask people if they use Twitter, almost all have for many years. When I ask if they’ve ever bought something from an ad after using the site for a decade, the answer is almost always no. That’s insane!

The biggest problem is that Twitter optimized for…