Faceless Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 8, 2024
If he ticked all those boxes .....you couldn't be any better off ( Chandler voice ) ❤️
Have you heard from him recently?
You are doing amazing btw! Xx
Nope not since I sent that last message. Guess I got my point across! I'm surprised but not disappointed if that makes sense... My mind is a lot clearer and more balanced atm. Thanks for asking. ❤️ How are you twinnie? 🥰 xx

Mar 8, 2024
@noseyneighbour this message brought happy tears to my eyes so thank you for your beautiful words ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Love that we are modern day pen pals and the fact we have all connected together and made faceless friendships means a lot to me.

I will try find the amazing advice @allaboardthebirkeybike said to me and put it here babe as I really feel a weight has been lifted and that I’ve done what I can and just watch the 💩 show unfold 🥰
Everyone here is definitely worth more than old catpiss and you all have massive hearts too and that is something SHE will NEVER have the joy to experience 🥰
I also totally get the overthinking too as I always do that and have always found it hard to ask for help or confide in others but it could also be because of my ASD.
I’m also here for anyone who needs to talk and release what they want as sometimes it’s easier to speak to people who don’t know you (does that make sense). I suppose what I’m trying to say is we can offer guidance without it being judgemental as it can be like that at times with family and fiends 🥰🥰🥰🥰
This makes total sense 👏 ❤️
And I don't know why pen pals came to me all of a sudden. Probably overthinking that ppl outside of the group would take the piss out of what we say to try and discredit what we have all established here.. They can't take that away from us as if pen pals wasn't mocked then neither should these forums. I actually think A is the one who would prob be jealous as she has no genuine connections with anyone other than her mum and that doesn't count as W is an enabler and lurks for gifts imo!
Love to you all in the group 💕💕💕💕 xx

Mar 20, 2024
uk
I agree it's not fair and you do one of the toughest jobs, rewarding but such hard work 😞😞 it's hard isn't when you see people doing little and seem to be rolling in it, catpiss and vav being a prime example! I thought the cost of living was improving but food prices still be high, mortgage doubled and my energy is about to double too. I don't understand how it has gone up as I thought energy prices were the only thing that was coming down 😡😡
I can't believe that UC ....£2!! Taking the piss!! Wouldn't even get you a coffee 🙄
Yes! The amount of holidays per year people are going on, the fact they just HAVE to buy lurpak for their child because they wouldn’t dare have any other butter or margarine 🙄🤯, the fact they have to search the supermarket for the newest sweet treats to buy every flavour, countless takeaways a week, new flooring and furniture when they want (the fact she was getting two rooms done at once speaks volumes about the disposable income she’s got)
I’ve just bought a new sofa set because my previous one was very light beige (looked gorgeous at the start 🤣) and then I’ve ended up having 2 dogs since then and it’s just not practical, it was getting filthy every day and it started to get me down. The sofas are on finance I can’t pay outright for such an expense like that.
Maybe her comeback to this would be “well get on TikTok and earn money instead of complaining”
There’s absolutely no way I’d be able to show my face round my small town being in that sort of limelight. There’s no chance I’d put myself through that kind of vulnerability, everyone knowing my business etc. I want a comfortable life not an extravagant one!
If she’d of never gone onto TikTok I guarantee she’d be in the same situation as me. (Minus the fact that everyone in my family is struggling so no I couldn’t get daddy to pay for me, nor would I want to)
There’s something so bitter sweet about being in my situation, you get down days when you’re like god I wish I could just buy whatever without thinking about it! And I’ll just not do a food shop this week, And then other days you actually feel a sense of privilege because you’re humble, you work and paying all your bills, rent, and managing to keep food in the cupboards for a month feels like a massive success and you get a sense of pride. Some people won’t know what that feels like, but the small wins feel massive 🤣
There is going to be a massive shortage in carers very soon. We are always needed, we are keeping most elderly unwell people out of hospitals and clearing up beds for them. Also as I say I work in home care so we’re freeing up the care homes also so they can live at home and we save lots of money for the nhs and government. But we’re just not paid enough, not recognised enough. I am looking for a new job, I need one that is less physical so that I’m able to do more hours to get some more money.

SORRY FOR BOMBARDING 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m just hoping someone here can relate so I don’t feel so on my own. Everyone else seems to be getting on fine. Especially what I see on social media. Because let’s be serious, no one wants to air their struggles on the internet (unless it gets you views and pays for you a holiday to Barcelona)

Mar 8, 2024
Yes! The amount of holidays per year people are going on, the fact they just HAVE to buy lurpak for their child because they wouldn’t dare have any other butter or margarine 🙄🤯, the fact they have to search the supermarket for the newest sweet treats to buy every flavour, countless takeaways a week, new flooring and furniture when they want (the fact she was getting two rooms done at once speaks volumes about the disposable income she’s got)
I’ve just bought a new sofa set because my previous one was very light beige (looked gorgeous at the start 🤣) and then I’ve ended up having 2 dogs since then and it’s just not practical, it was getting filthy every day and it started to get me down. The sofas are on finance I can’t pay outright for such an expense like that.
Maybe her comeback to this would be “well get on TikTok and earn money instead of complaining”
There’s absolutely no way I’d be able to show my face round my small town being in that sort of limelight. There’s no chance I’d put myself through that kind of vulnerability, everyone knowing my business etc. I want a comfortable life not an extravagant one!
If she’d of never gone onto TikTok I guarantee she’d be in the same situation as me. (Minus the fact that everyone in my family is struggling so no I couldn’t get daddy to pay for me, nor would I want to)
There’s something so bitter sweet about being in my situation, you get down days when you’re like god I wish I could just buy whatever without thinking about it! And I’ll just not do a food shop this week, And then other days you actually feel a sense of privilege because you’re humble, you work and paying all your bills, rent, and managing to keep food in the cupboards for a month feels like a massive success and you get a sense of pride. Some people won’t know what that feels like, but the small wins feel massive 🤣
There is going to be a massive shortage in carers very soon. We are always needed, we are keeping most elderly unwell people out of hospitals and clearing up beds for them. Also as I say I work in home care so we’re freeing up the care homes also so they can live at home and we save lots of money for the nhs and government. But we’re just not paid enough, not recognised enough. I am looking for a new job, I need one that is less physical so that I’m able to do more hours to get some more money.

SORRY FOR BOMBARDING 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I’m just hoping someone here can relate so I don’t feel so on my own. Everyone else seems to be getting on fine. Especially what I see on social media. Because let’s be serious, no one wants to air their struggles on the internet (unless it gets you views and pays for you a holiday to Barcelona)
I totally agree with everything you said. Her disposal income is actually insane, you couldn't even total it all up it's so much. Just those 2/3 visits to Tesco and m and s would be most peoples monthly budgets.
I agree, yes it would be nice to say I am going to get a new sofa, flooring etc but the feeling you get when you pay something off gives you a sense of pride and feels good. Then, it's like right what's next!
Also she possibly is the worst example of a strong independent single mum I've ever seen! (Actually she is)
Carers for a long time as been the backbone of the nhs and social care for sure. Pay is awful and for what the role is you could do a much easier job for more money. So yes unless they look at that, I worry what the social care system will look like in years to come. As like you say, home care prevents hospital admission, gets patients out of hospital when medically fit and not taking up acute care beds. Care homes are struggling to find good carers and that obviously impacts of the quality of care. It's actually depressing to think too much on that 😞
I couldn't do what she does, firstly my mates would tell me don't be a t 🤣🤣 but also having to talk into a phone all day. I'm not shy but I have no confidence to put that out on SM
Anyway so inconclusive....you are definitely not alone 😉🥰 xxx

Mar 8, 2024
Nope not since I sent that last message. Guess I got my point across! I'm surprised but not disappointed if that makes sense... My mind is a lot clearer and more balanced atm. Thanks for asking. ❤️ How are you twinnie? 🥰 xx
Oh good ❤️ Yes I totally get what you mean, like you are glad he hasn't but same time expected him to (girl brain works different eh!)
Glad you are doing good and mind is more balanced 🥰
I'm all good thanks twinnie ❤️ xxx

Apr 27, 2024
Middle of no where

Totally get this too.

Has your new sofa arrived? If so, enjoy it. Have a whole weekend/days off just lying on it, watching films or tv etc, make full use of it!

I'm in desperate need for a new sofa. The one I have I bought from a charity shop when I just got my council flat after being homeless. It's done me well but after nearly 3 years it's falling apart. I will start saving for a new one soon, would like one by next Autumn 2025. Fingers crossed. Would love to get one on finance but I have bad credit thanks to my ex.

It's funny how life goes. I was very jealous of an ex boyfriend (still really good friends) a year or two ago. He has a great job/salary (6 figures), beautiful wife, 2 gorgeous children and had just moved to a lovely 4 bed detached house with land. However, he confided in me one day, saying everything is on finance (including his sofa....funny actually as your comment reminded me), he is struggling massively with his mental health and work is a massive strain on his marriage as he travels alot. He can't afford to leave his job and his words to me....I will just have to suck it up and man up. I told him no, seek help, even talk to me, it all helps. Houses and things come and go, family, love and friendships are what humans really need.

I'm no longer jealous of his life, i couldnt live like that. I love my simple life. I have little money but I have a household of love. Me and my child against the world!

I'm 42 now, it's taken a while to get to this point where I'm not jealous of the big houses or possessions. I just think....too much time would be spent cleaning it 😂😂😂.

Muggle

Mar 8, 2024
Didn’t want to post this on the other thread but still I won’t go into much detail you never know whose watching 👀
Just wanted to say I’m sorry if at the moment I only react to your replies, I’m just in a little bit of a slump at the moment!
I’m sure I’ll be fine in a few days!
❤️❤️
Take it easy Lurkey, look after yourself. We are always here, if you want to rant, please do, but if you don't want to rant, we'll respect that too. ❤❤

Mar 8, 2024
OMFG THIS IS ME TOO 🥰🤣

So I was brought up with old fashioned parents as in both worked full time but my mum would make sure my dad’s tea was on the table when he walked in and had a bath run and it was Dad who ruled the house. ( I just want to say I had an amazing upbringing)
Now I get that’s how life was back then but I always said I’d never allow my partner to expect what my mum did for my dad 🤣
Here comes the overthinking and please don’t think bad of me with this next bit.
I HATE anyone trying to control me so if someone says I can’t do this or that I will prove them wrong and do it 🫢🤣
I've just come back on this thread and hv missed lots off here i think! You said..please don't think bad of me... Couldn't be further from the truth. I have had only positive thoughts about you...honestly ❤️ xx

Mar 8, 2024
Didn’t want to post this on the other thread but still I won’t go into much detail you never know whose watching 👀
Just wanted to say I’m sorry if at the moment I only react to your replies, I’m just in a little bit of a slump at the moment!
I’m sure I’ll be fine in a few days!
❤️❤️
Just seen this Lurkey. 🥺 I don't know why but I had a feeling you weren't quite yourself. Talk to us..🙏 here when u need a chat and support.. Just say the word or tag me/us. Sometimes talking things thru helps...it does for me 🫂❤️ xx

Mar 20, 2024
uk
Totally get this too.

Has your new sofa arrived? If so, enjoy it. Have a whole weekend/days off just lying on it, watching films or tv etc, make full use of it!

I'm in desperate need for a new sofa. The one I have I bought from a charity shop when I just got my council flat after being homeless. It's done me well but after nearly 3 years it's falling apart. I will start saving for a new one soon, would like one by next Autumn 2025. Fingers crossed. Would love to get one on finance but I have bad credit thanks to my ex.

It's funny how life goes. I was very jealous of an ex boyfriend (still really good friends) a year or two ago. He has a great job/salary (6 figures), beautiful wife, 2 gorgeous children and had just moved to a lovely 4 bed detached house with land. However, he confided in me one day, saying everything is on finance (including his sofa....funny actually as your comment reminded me), he is struggling massively with his mental health and work is a massive strain on his marriage as he travels alot. He can't afford to leave his job and his words to me....I will just have to suck it up and man up. I told him no, seek help, even talk to me, it all helps. Houses and things come and go, family, love and friendships are what humans really need.

I'm no longer jealous of his life, i couldnt live like that. I love my simple life. I have little money but I have a household of love. Me and my child against the world!

I'm 42 now, it's taken a while to get to this point where I'm not jealous of the big houses or possessions. I just think....too much time would be spent cleaning it 😂😂😂.
I have awful credit too, but it’s from running a house I can’t afford!
I’m 26 for reference, (I’ve always wanted to ask if there’s anyone similar age to me on here or am I baby 🤣) had to move out at 22 for my mental health … that’s a story for another day
Had to grow up quick unfortunately, and so I laugh at Aimee I really do. The fact she couldn’t move a bit of furniture, I do it every couple of months because I rearrange so much in my house
Had a very bad sprain to the foot last year taking some very heavy set of drawers downstairs on my own, all I heard off everyone was “WHY DIDNT YOU ASK FOR HELP” well for 1. I want it done NOW and for 2. I’ve taken these drawers up and down these stairs several times and always been fine to do it myself, I just was s with my positioning this time round 🤣🤣

And also regarding your friend. I’m a strong believer that mental health comes first. No matter how much you suffer financially, if you’re in a toxic environment (home, work) you will never mentally recover. It’s the whole “if you don’t like your life, change it” mentality for me. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with going for a less pressurised job for less money. I’m one of those people I don’t want power because that comes with a hell of a lot of stress! And your work life just isn’t worth it. Your work won’t be by your side in your final days, family and loved ones will x

Status
Not open for further replies.