Nolan 🎵

Mar 2, 2024
@Mrs Doubtfire 👵🏼

Happy Barack Obama GIF by The Democrats

Proud Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Witchy_woowoo

Mar 6, 2024
In my cauldron
Anyone know anything about hedgehogs? I've nipped to the garage to pop fuel in the car and this poor thing is just sitting there.
20240921_141709.jpg

Do you have digital scales? Weigh it first, it shouldn’t be out during the day but might be trying to bulk for winter. Turn it on its back, it’ll curl up, is it rugby or football shaped? If rugby it’s starving, and likely dehydrated so will need to get to a rescue. Get it in a box warm, with just water at the minute x

Witchy_woowoo

Mar 6, 2024
In my cauldron
I'll grab cat meat and dog meat, and I'll take it home for the night, I doubt any rescue centres will do anything, I've taken birds in before and they've refused to collect them, but I'll give them a call. 🤎

Get advice from a rescue first before feeding! I rescued hogs for a few years, if feeding it, give kitten biscuits (Tesco’s go down well), or meaty cat food, they usually don’t like fish (it won’t hurt them). Pop a water bottle with tap warm water (don’t boil) in box and wrap bottle up, it’ll go to the heat if it wants to.

Witchy_woowoo

Mar 6, 2024
In my cauldron
Yeah they have fleas and usually ticks too, I just kept in the little porch by my stairs when I done it. No fabrics in there, hardwood floors I could scrub. But their s stinks and they get loud when they eat.

If there's no visible injury's I'd imagine it's more than likely just out looking for food during the day. Rare but it happens.

Fleas on hedgehogs are host specific so don’t need worry about other pets thankfully. They do absolutely stink’ I had cages in my shed with a heater for them. I still get the odd one but can’t give subcut fluids anymore as haven’t the equipment now x

Medusa

My neighbour a few years ago had one. She had to take a pic of it next to a can of beans (I guess to see what size/age it was. And yes their poop stinks!! The worst I've ever smelt even parvo puppies don't stink as much as hedgehogs 🤢🤢
I would have 100% brought it home but thank god I didn't have to because I'm just no good with smells. 🥴

Witchy_woowoo

Mar 6, 2024
In my cauldron
@Witchy_woowoo @I'm snail not a slug I've taken the hedgehog to the vets they're going to release it once it's healthy, thank you for all your advice, though. I'll know what to do for next time i come across one. 🤎
Thank U GIF by chiara

I saw after I sent posts lol 😂 glad it’s going to be released. It didn’t look very big which was why I’d said to weigh it 🥰🥰🥰

Witchy_woowoo

Mar 6, 2024
In my cauldron
My neighbour a few years ago had one. She had to take a pic of it next to a can of beans (I guess to see what size/age it was. And yes their poop stinks!! The worst I've ever smelt even parvo puppies don't stink as much as hedgehogs 🤢🤢

I get people to think of Orange, potatoes grapefruit etc to guess age and size 🥰 their poop is RANCID, that’s why I had my shed heated and heat mats for them. The odd time I’ve had in house is 🤮 babies being hand fed aren’t bad, so never minded the babies lol