UK Breaking News & Headlines

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
1000021570.png

👍👍👍 Use of force is necessary at times, I know, but the officer's actions were excessive, to say the least. The man was on the floor and additional support or the use of tasers/non-lethal methods to subdue him should have been utilised. There is never any excuse to assault someone's head, especially when they are on the floor and 'you' are an on-duty officer. I doubt he will be, but he needs removing from the force. 🖕

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
Same!

As the article is a couple days old I was very surprised that the result still read the same on Google, though the product on the website has been renamed.
Someone at Google will be getting the "can I see you in my office" memo then!

Locally, we've had two shootings in Leeds since the riot 🤯

The second one took place in the area my daughter lives while I was out of town at work. When I heard, I felt sick as she was working from that day 😩
Thankfully no one was injured during that one and it only caused diversions around the area. Annoying for her, but preferable over anyone being hurt

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
Someone at Google will be getting the "can I see you in my office" memo then!

Locally, we've had two shootings in Leeds since the riot 🤯

The second one took place in the area my daughter lives while I was out of town at work. When I heard, I felt sick as she was working from that day 😩
Thankfully no one was injured during that one and it only caused diversions around the area. Annoying for her, but preferable over anyone being hurt
Jesus. Glad your daughter wasn't hurt, or anyone else in the second one. I just cannot comprehend the mentality of using such extreme measures in disputes of any manner. At least with a fight you only hurt each other and often only walk away with broken bones worst case (🤞 anyhow). Knives and guns are just so fatal, even when that isn't the person's intention. ☹️

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
Jesus. Glad your daughter wasn't hurt, or anyone else in the second one. I just cannot comprehend the mentality of using such extreme measures in disputes of any manner. At least with a fight you only hurt each other and often only walk away with broken bones worst case (🤞 anyhow). Knives and guns are just so fatal, even when that isn't the person's intention. ☹️
Thank you 🤗
I know we read about knives and guns being in every town/city and although the stories we read about it are horrific and, all too oftendevastating, but it really hits home when the reality is on your doorstep. It happened Thursday sometime and she said roads were still blocked off late afternoon on Friday.

The first shooting incident resulted in an injured leg and was allegedly a targeted attack. I haven't read up on it tbh but I don't doubt it whatsoever.

Mar 1, 2024
1000021570.png

👍👍👍 Use of force is necessary at times, I know, but the officer's actions were excessive, to say the least. The man was on the floor and additional support or the use of tasers/non-lethal methods to subdue him should have been utilised. There is never any excuse to assault someone's head, especially when they are on the floor and 'you' are an on-duty officer. I doubt he will be, but he needs removing from the force. 🖕
Two sides and all that, the one who was booted in the face isn’t exactly innocent as he makes out, he attacked and broke a females nose, don’t even get me started on that dodgy lawyer of theirs who has now quit.

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
Two sides and all that, the one who was booted in the face isn’t exactly innocent as he makes out, he attacked and broke a females nose, don’t even get me started on that dodgy lawyer of theirs who has now quit.
I don't believe that the man is innocent, but a police officer has a duty of care that includes the perpetrator. The police are supposed to be held at a higher standard to a civilian and are supposed to be trained to not react in an emotional manner.

The man was on the floor. There was absolutely no justification for stamping on his head. Zero.

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
A man has been detained after a stabbing left a "number of casualties" with injuries, police have said.

Merseyside Police said there had been a "major incident" at a property on Hart Street in Southport at about 11:50 BST.

The force said it had received "reports of a stabbing" and armed police had "detained a male and seized a knife".

A representative added that there was "no wider threat to the public".

North West Ambulance Service said it had dispatched "multiple resources" to the scene.

A spokesman said on X, external: "We're attending a major incident on Hart Street, Southport following reports of multiple stabbings in which we have dispatched multiple resources.

"We're assessing the situation and working with emergency partners."

A woman who lives nearby told the Liverpool Echo she heard sirens and a helicopter circling at about 12:20 BST.

"Then the messages started to go around the local WhatsApp groups, saying 'lock your windows, lock your doors', we were told a man was running around stabbing people," she said.

"We are all absolutely terrified, panicking and sick with worry - everyone is trying to reach anyone they know in the area. I don't know how this can happen on a Monday lunchtime."

1000021771.png

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
A man has been detained after a stabbing left a "number of casualties" with injuries, police have said.

Merseyside Police said there had been a "major incident" at a property on Hart Street in Southport at about 11:50 BST.

The force said it had received "reports of a stabbing" and armed police had "detained a male and seized a knife".

A representative added that there was "no wider threat to the public".

North West Ambulance Service said it had dispatched "multiple resources" to the scene.

A spokesman said on X, external: "We're attending a major incident on Hart Street, Southport following reports of multiple stabbings in which we have dispatched multiple resources.

"We're assessing the situation and working with emergency partners."

A woman who lives nearby told the Liverpool Echo she heard sirens and a helicopter circling at about 12:20 BST.

"Then the messages started to go around the local WhatsApp groups, saying 'lock your windows, lock your doors', we were told a man was running around stabbing people," she said.

"We are all absolutely terrified, panicking and sick with worry - everyone is trying to reach anyone they know in the area. I don't know how this can happen on a Monday lunchtime."

1000021771.png
I have no words 😭
Thank goodness they've detained someone already

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
Absolutely horrific. How anyone can do that to children... I can't see any reports of fatalities, so I hope everyone will be ok, but this is a trauma that will never leave them, even after the scars fade. Heartbreaking and just mind-blowing. 💔
I truly can't imagine what any of those affected is going through right now.
Such an unpredictable, frightening and dangerous world we are living in 😢

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
This is making me so emotional. 3 babies have lost their lives. People are attacking the mosques, the Muslim community, the police who helped those children. I completely get the outrage but this hooligan mentality will not help anything. The boy who done it hasn’t been publicly named has he?
No, and behaviour like tonight means he will unlikely ever be named for his own protection.

Be angry, but don't be angry at people who have do all to do with it and who would help anyone in any way they can.

Absolutely sickening how they're hijacking this for their own racist agenda.

Feb 29, 2024
No, and behaviour like tonight means he will unlikely ever be named for his own protection.

Be angry, but don't be angry at people who have do all to do with it and who would help anyone in any way they can.

Absolutely sickening how they're hijacking this for their own racist agenda.
I can't believe they was shouting Tommy Tommy Robinson 😡 fing animals!!!