UK Breaking News & Headlines

Mar 1, 2024
No, and behaviour like tonight means he will unlikely ever be named for his own protection.

Be angry, but don't be angry at people who have do all to do with it and who would help anyone in any way they can.

Absolutely sickening how they're hijacking this for their own racist agenda.
It’s wrong that he’s being protected. Those poor innocent children didn’t deserve what happened to them, i honestly don’t know how anyone can do such an evil thing to innocent children.

It’s heartbreaking.

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
It’s wrong that he’s being protected. Those poor innocent children didn’t deserve what happened to them, i honestly don’t know how anyone can do such an evil thing to innocent children.

It’s heartbreaking.
He's been named.

"the teenager is Axel Rudakubana. His 18th birthday falls on Wednesday next week, at which stage any order under Section 45 of the Youth Justice and Criminal Evidence Act 1999 would have automatically lapsed."

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
Interesting I never thought of that, I hope he doesn’t get a piss take of a sentence as there will be a huge uproar larger than the one that there is now.
I've never hated living in a big city more than I do right now, and I actually love it here, but the fear of what could happen after what's already happened across the county scares me. It seems nowhere is safe 😕

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
And so he should be named 👏🏽
So does this mean he'll be trialled as an adult?
I don't know. He turns 18 in 6 days, but is it a loophole in that he'll be tried as the age he was? But then I doubt that, because don't they get moved from young offenders to adult prisons when they turn 18 anyway?

I should've stopped at "I don't know".

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
I don't know. He turns 18 in 6 days, but is it a loophole in that he'll be tried as the age he was? But then I doubt that, because don't they get moved from young offenders to adult prisons when they turn 18 anyway?

I should've stopped at "I don't know".
I guess we'll find out.....
Our local green party councillor has posted that there's an organised march by 'Say No To Racism' on Saturday in the city centre following reports of "the far right" coming this Saturday 😕

Edited: error in my post, it should read an organised march by 'Stand Up To Racism'
Blame the afternoon nap 🙃

Last edited:
May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
I guess we'll find out.....
Our local green party councillor has posted that there's an organised march by 'Say No To Racism' on Saturday in the city centre following reports of "the far right" coming this Saturday 😕

Edited: error in my post, it should read an organised march by 'Stand Up To Racism'
Blame the afternoon nap 🙃
I tried to nap but 🥵😭.

I hope he's tried as an adult. 🤞

I probably just wasn't paying attention, but I swear these EDL lot have suddenly piped up again. Feel like I haven't heard much about them in recent years (prior to the Remembrance Day march). Wish they'd do off. 🤬

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
I tried to nap but 🥵😭.

I hope he's tried as an adult. 🤞

I probably just wasn't paying attention, but I swear these EDL lot have suddenly piped up again. Feel like I haven't heard much about them in recent years (prior to the Remembrance Day march). Wish they'd do off. 🤬
So do I 😡
Daughter has a friend visiting this weekend who loves board games and we have a 'Monopoly Takeover' game going on in the city centre this summer which they plan to go to tomorrow.
I've warned her about the stuff going onbut they're still going and it's really worrying me☹️

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
So do I 😡
Daughter has a friend visiting this weekend who loves board games and we have a 'Monopoly Takeover' game going on in the city centre this summer which they plan to go to tomorrow.
I've warned her about the stuff going onbut they're still going and it's really worrying me☹️
☹️ Fingers crossed everything will be ok. Hopefully there will be an increased police presence that are more prepared for a hostile situation than last time. 🫶

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
☹️ Fingers crossed everything will be ok. Hopefully there will be an increased police presence that are more prepared for a hostile situation than last time. 🫶
I really hope so, and I know us locals shouldn't feel they can't enjoy their city but I still wish she wasn't going. She said they'd leave at the first sign of trouble. She's also 32 and manages her whole life perfectly well but that protective instinct is strong regardless 😂

May 16, 2024
Elsewhere
I really hope so, and I know us locals shouldn't feel they can't enjoy their city but I still wish she wasn't going. She said they'd leave at the first sign of trouble. She's also 32 and manages her whole life perfectly well but that protective instinct is strong regardless 😂
😂 I'm not a parent, so obviously cannot empathise or relate in the same way, but obviously the protective instinct doesn't diminish simply because they are grown. I don't know how parents do it (let their kids out of the house) 😂. Maybe tell her to take some hairspray or something with her, just in case she needs to "fix her hair" while out, if you get what I'm saying. Maybe some hot sauce in a spray bottle so she can "season her chips" in an emergency. 😇🤫😁

Nov 28, 2023
West Yorkshire
😂 I'm not a parent, so obviously cannot empathise or relate in the same way, but obviously the protective instinct doesn't diminish simply because they are grown. I don't know how parents do it (let their kids out of the house) 😂. Maybe tell her to take some hairspray or something with her, just in case she needs to "fix her hair" while out, if you get what I'm saying. Maybe some hot sauce in a spray bottle so she can "season her chips" in an emergency. 😇🤫😁
Amazing 🤣 gonna text her now and
If she's already thought of this I'll be pissed 🤣