Elon Musk

@

@DavidSacks

R to @DavidSacks: Update: LA office towers are selling for less than the amount of debt on them. This is true for SF too and other big cities.

@

@DavidSacks

When the Fed spiked interest rates from ~0 to ~5% over the past year, it had 3 main effects:
1. Undercut value of bonds, especially long-dated bonds.
2. Made lending more expensive, particularly for large purchases like real estate that have to be financed.
3. Increased government borrowing costs.

These effects are just math and have to play out through the financial system. I think they will roughly correspond to the 3 stages of the financial crisis we’re in:
1. Small/regional bank crisis precipitated by unrealized losses on long-dated bonds.
2. CRE crisis precipitated by credit markets seizing up for new loans and impairment of existing CRE loan portfolios (which are also unrealized losses).
3. Government debt crisis precipitated by spike in debt service costs at federal level, budget deficits at state and local level, and sovereign debt issues at international level.

We’re seeing the first stage play out now. The second and third stages are yet to come.

Disclaimer: magnitudes are hard to calculate, and I make no predictions about the price of any asset. A lot depends on how government including the Fed reacts. I do not make trading recommendations.

@

@TRHLofficial

This is a good question and I don’t believe a lot of people understand how deep it goes. So I’ll break it down here.

Countries without a bill or rights to protect citizens from their governments, are threatening total bans of Twitter in their countries if censorship orders are not complied with. Many have enshrined “hate speech” into law and have also created stringent guidelines for social media operating in their countries.

Elon Musk has 2 options:

1. Limiting some material will allow citizens in these despotic countries access to Twitter, minus some censored material.

2. Limiting no material means zero access to any and all Twitter material in these countries.

Ironically, a total ban.

So this particular problem is rooted in authoritarianism, and until something changes, it’s a lesser of two evils situation.

It’s up to the people to elect a government who enshrines their natural rights and respects the power of the people.

Twitter does not have the power to do this for them.

@

@StreamOnMax

It’s all here. Iconic series, award-winning movies, fresh originals, family favorites, and the best entertainment for every mood. Sign up now. #StreamOnMax #TheOneToWatch

@

@eldsjal

If aliens were to visit us right now, what’s one thing we’ve chosen to do as a society (that feels relatively simple or obvious) that would be super hard to explain? 🤔

@

@DrKnowItAll16

R to @DrKnowItAll16: One other thing that's currently to YouTube's advantage: you can minimize the player and use it in the background or when your phone screen is locked. Twitter I believe is working on this but for now that's a YouTube advantage.

@

@DrKnowItAll16

Can Twitter/X Become the ONE Social Media/Work App To Rule Them All? If so, how?!
FYI I'm a/b testing this on YouTube and here on Twitter. Let me know your thoughts about the two media services for videos.

@

@stevenmarkryan

R to @WholeMarsBlog: RIP. We won't be seeing many Whole Mars tweets for a few months 😂

This game is crack cubed and easily a 150-250 hour game (unless you rush the main story and ignore most of the side quests).

11/10 would recommend.