Delusive angie @delusive_angie10

Oct 29, 2023
San Francisco
www.tiktok.com
Would these help my staffy come firework night ? Do they dope them a bit???
They help calm my chihuahuas, one of which is quite neurotic but you may need something a little stronger for a larger boy 🩵 I think Judas🐆 has bigger doggos and so would absolutely nod to her for some advice here 🥰

HereForTea

Dec 21, 2023
I’m in north Lanarkshire ear Hamilton but not Hamilton, ear Newmains but not newmains 🧛‍♂️
Wrong country my bad

Sorry Watch Out GIF by Laff

Oct 29, 2023
San Francisco
www.tiktok.com
Thanks, he’s tried these and diazepam. I have desensitised the others but it didn’t work for him
This may sound silly but it’s helped me… my old Jack has now sadly passed but he was terrified of fireworks and thunder. Thunder jackets and validation helped but he would shake throughout the noise. I didn’t want my two chihuahuas to be scared and I wanted to try a new angle for dealing with fireworks.

I encouraged them to be annoyed by the noise:

You tell them fireworks babies woof woof good boys woof woof! That’s right, let’s have a treat now and settle down.

I encourage a little woofing from them, to fight back at the noise and then settle them down with praise at having fought the naughty noises. So now they get bolshy with fireworks and not scared. Perhaps not the best approach but it’s worked for my boys 🙈

Oct 24, 2023
My claws are under your skin
I absolutely second these sort of treats! What hemp ones would you recommend luv?

I use these ones to settle mine before bedtime but I’m making a note of yours too 😍

IMG_8832.jpeg
The ones on the link are hemp treats, Iv only really ever tried them but we've been using them this will be the 3rd year I think ❤️

Oct 24, 2023
My claws are under your skin
Would these help my staffy come firework night ? Do they dope them a bit???
The pouch is small and it's about 10/20 treats a day for a medium sized dog. They are down to £1.95 on pets at home right now though. The dogs don't seem doped up, it definitely takes the edge of. They still get scared and shake etc but it's much less extreme. I keep them on them until after new years because where I am seems popular for fireworks until then!

Apr 2, 2024
Big gob Village
Have you tried pet remedy spray from Amazon. You spray it on their coats, or wear gloves spray hands and smooth over the dogs. It's a phenomenon that mothers give off to nursing their young. I swear by it and I've fostered some very scared street dogs that it's helped. You can also spray their bedding. We used it at the vets for animals staying in the kennels
Not tried that but have tried skullcap and valerian too. I’ll check the ingredients but my weighted blanket seems to be helping the wee lamb . Thanks very much

Nolan 🎵

Mar 2, 2024
This may sound silly but it’s helped me… my old Jack has now sadly passed but he was terrified of fireworks and thunder. Thunder jackets and validation helped but he would shake throughout the noise. I didn’t want my two chihuahuas to be scared and I wanted to try a new angle for dealing with fireworks.

I encouraged them to be annoyed by the noise:

You tell them fireworks babies woof woof good boys woof woof! That’s right, let’s have a treat now and settle down.

I encourage a little woofing from them, to fight back at the noise and then settle them down with praise at having fought the naughty noises. So now they get bolshy with fireworks and not scared. Perhaps not the best approach but it’s worked for my boys 🙈

Have you seen the Classical FM thing they do every year on firework night? x