AliceEvansGruff

• Thread starter @AliceEvansGruff
  • Start date
@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @__Steveo: Yeah. I'm good. I was a bit thrown by the whole thing tbh - then I found out they'd been discussing it between themselves for a while! Eek!

Had some great advice from so many lovely people.

Thank you. And thank you for checking back in on me!!

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @ashleyjjwhite: I say it all the time with my two daughters. (And I'm from England!)

It's just somehow less formal than 'you girls' and easier than 'you two'. I don't know. In the UK I would probably say "you lot".

OTOH, I wish somebody could prevent me from saying "Omg" all the time..🙄😂

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @Cycling_Matt75: Bless you!
On Tuesday I took Ella with me to vote.
As we got out of the car the heavens opened. (It rarely rains here, but when it does - oh boy)

By the time we were done we couldn't even get to the car because there was a mini lake!

She said is this what the UK is like?😂

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @Cycling_Matt75: I keep trying to tell her.

She tells people she's British, just because she can do the accent. She's literally been there like 4 or 5 times!

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @j04330495: That's a really good point.

I didn't - because I was kind of in shock! So I didn't rally say anything! But it's definitely a very good conversation to have. Especially as Elsie brought that actual thing up (protection)

@

@AliceEvansGruff

Thank you Dorothy!

Don't miss it guys!

Love
Faith xxxxx

#TheChristmasCard
#TheChristmascardHallmark

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @mffeetza: Yes I think it could be.

In English you have to glottal the end and emphasis on the beginning

So it goes: YOU lo.

You don't sound the 't' you stop it really short it so it sounds like a slight cough at the back of your throat.

I LOVE this stuff but I'm so bad at teaching!

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @nhmomrkj: Jealous as hell, but thank you!

And have a wonderful time out there!

Faith/Alice xxx

@

@AliceEvansGruff

R to @mffeetza: You're exactly right.

It's a kind of cheeky thing. You wouldn't for example, stand up at a posh dinner table and dress the others as "you lot".

BUT.. if it crept in at the end of a house party at yours that you were definitely over, it woulnd't offend anybody I don't think!