J.K. Rowling

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: Anyway, I suppose I should now go and put on my wellies, or at least change out of my pyjamas. Thank you for letting me share this moment of euphoria, which I don't intend to damage by doing any re-reading until tomorrow, and I hope you're having as good a day as I am ✍️💫

@

@jk_rowling

This made me laugh! I'm afraid I subscribe to Nabokov's dictum about sharing first drafts. 'It's like passing around samples of sputum.'

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: A video sent from #Tehran. Iranians are burning the billboard of #Soleimani, butcher of Syrian, Iraqi and Iranians kids.

The Islamist regime tried very hard to cast Soleimani as a hero. But Iranians consider him a murderer, not a hero.

#MahsaAmini

@

@smallpalang

RT by @jk_rowling: Lovely words from a letter from Maryam Monfared, a political prisoner since 2009 in Iran's Evin prison

@

@NasimiShabnam

RT by @jk_rowling: 470 days since the Taliban BANNED teenage girls from school and 13 days since the Taliban BANNED women from university.

The women of Afghanistan have lost everything. This is gender apartheid. Plain and simple. We must speak up.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @Remussed: I realised I'd done that one before (or very similar), so thought @CormStrikeFan deserved something NEW!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @saramos5415: No need to wrap, just send him straight to Scotland as he is 💞

@

@henryfraser0

RT by @jk_rowling: My mouth painting - The Dahlia

I am only physically able to paint with my mouth.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @DreyfusJames: 'It's not fair, he's LOADS bigger than me, and I only ran up to him and kicked him in the balls.' If you want Queensberry rules, you need to keep inside the ring, and if you want kudos without consequences, pick on a lower weight category.🤷‍♀️

@

@salltweets

RT by @jk_rowling: An example of the kind of emails you receive when you run a platform exclusively for women.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @BipolarRunner: I wouldn't got that far 😉 But you send one of mine to the hospital, expect a trip to casualty yourself.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @ElleMcIvor: But I'm guessing you're not threatening them with death or a, or posting faked 'evidence' of what they've said or done. In other words, you're still in the ring.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @cremlo: You can't be saturnine and flounce. Sardonic, yes. Saturnine, no.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @LindsayMLand: Yarrow stalks are the proper way to do it. Coins are for amateurs 😉

@

@jk_rowling

R to @LindsayMLand: Those are indeed the coins people can use, but you haven't done it properly until you've learned to use the yarrow stalks!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @sarah_gordy: They're complicated, full stop! Took me a while to get the hang of them x

@

@5yearmadness

RT by @jk_rowling: My grandmother had the right to get an abortion, to female only spaces, and did not feel any social pressure to use a rapist’s preferred pronouns. For some reason 60+ years later, I do not have any of these.