J.K. Rowling

@

@SlenderSherbet

RT by @jk_rowling: "You know I don't mind helping you, Fiona, but you really need to learn to do it yourself"

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: I got goosebumps by watching this beautiful moment of Nowruz celebration in Iran. This is Saghez the city of #MahsaAmini the 22 year woman who’s brutal death became a symbol of a revolution in Iran. Now her father holding a torch while men and women singing and dancing together.…

@

@jk_rowling

What a lovely pink heart. Now tell us why you voted down the amendment to stop rapists being housed in women’s jails, @HumzaYousaf.

#IslaBryson #KatieDolatowski #ParisGreen

@

@sharrond62

RT by @jk_rowling: After 20 yrs ( Yeap 20 years) of the IOC allowing testosterone fuelled East Germans athletes to dominate women’s sport in the 70s& 80s I was always going to die on the hill of FAIR sport for females, so a whole new generation didn’t have to suffer the same fate because of terrible governance

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: Her name is Elahe Tavakolian, a woman protesting who took to the street during the revolution of #WomanLifeFreedom. Iranian government agents shot her in the face, blinding her in one eye. She is scheduled to undergo surgery to remove one of the bullets from her head. The surgery could seriously endanger her life. But she is not going to remain silent in front of the government and says that silence in the face of all the blood that has been shed is treason.
#MahsaAmini

@

@jk_rowling

Some questions for @glasgowcathcart:

1. Is the be-penised rapist you coyly call "the individual" a man or a woman?

2. Do you agree with @HumzaYousaf that convicted rapists should NOT be excluded from applying for a gender recognition certificate?

1/3

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: 3. Do you agree with @HumzaYousaf that Bryson is "not a genuine trans woman"?

4. How would the pair of you define a "genuine trans woman"?

5. How would you both test for the "genuineness" of a trans woman, given that your legislation removed all medical safeguarding?

2/3

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: 6. Lastly, do you and @HumzaYousaf believe legislation that enables fully intact males with a history of sexual violence to apply for a gender recognition certificate comes with no risk to vulnerable women and girls?

I await your answers with the liveliest interest. 3/X

@

@jk_rowling

R to @iquischnox: All of those issues have been campaigned for by prison reformers and feminists for many, many years.

@

@jk_rowling

.@glasgowcathcart
1. There is zero evidence that trans-identified males don't retain male patterns of criminality.
2. There are proportionately more trans-identified males in jail in the UK for sex offences than among male prisoners as a whole. 1/3

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: 3. You voted for a bill that means any Scottish male can, without surgery, hormones or psychiatric assessment, and even if he's been convicted of a, apply to become a woman under the law. You say this couldn't possibly be abused. 2/3

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: 4. If you don't believe convicted double rapist Isla Bryson is a "genuine" trans woman, you're admitting that predators can and do manipulate the current Scottish system. Yet you and @HumzaYousaf voted to strengthen such men's ability to do so. 3/3

@

@Araweel0Returns

RT by @jk_rowling: New angle of the violence at today's #LetWomenSpeak event in NZ. KJK and security are barely able to escape the crushing mob of deranged trans activists. Remember, this is the "right side of history".

@

@Jebadoo2

RT by @jk_rowling: You know,

All those gay rights and AIDS protests

I don't remember a single one where we intimidated or silenced a woman

Not a single one.

I remember women like KJK marching with us.

This is not gay rights. This is something very very dark.

@

@salltweets

RT by @jk_rowling: Trans Activists show why women want and need female only spaces.

@

@jossjoseph89

RT by @jk_rowling: If you’re in New Zealand (or anywhere in the world) and you’re cheering and celebrating a 5ft1 mum of 4 being almost crushed and attacked by a baying mob because she dares to ask for female only spaces, you are NOT on the right side of history. #LetWomenSpeakAuckland

@

@ThePosieParker

RT by @jk_rowling: The bravery of the New Zealand women and men who came to speak the truth shall not be forgotten. I was honoured to be amongst you. I’m so sorry. #LetWomenSpeakAuckland #LetWomenSpeak