J.K. Rowling

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: These are some Iranian mothers whose children have been killed by the Islamic Republic. They are standing together and taking off their black scarves to send a message of unity and continuation of their children's fight. Like the mothers of Argentina who alerted the world to gross violations of human rights, these mothers want to stand against the regime that killed their children.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @MuinteoirChris: Hello Renee and Sara! I love Ravenclaws, most especially Ravenclaws who could have been Gryffindors, like Luna. Clever and brave is a very good combination. X

@

@jk_rowling

R to @UKHedonismBot: If we're being honest with each other, I only read your first book, too.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @KristofferPhilp: Who cares. You know I think you're fabulous too, Kristoffer x

@

@jk_rowling

R to @ForWomenScot: Perhaps a party? (Actually, there's going to be a party. Will DM you)

@

@jk_rowling

I'm sometimes asked how to handle bad reviews and usually answer along the lines of, 'we've all had them and it's never fun. Sometimes you can learn from them. I find it helps to remember even Moby Dick got some stinkers.'

In future, I'll just say 'never go full Jolyon.'

@

@jk_rowling

R to @Slarty247: Because they were irredeemably stupid. I love that film so much.

@

@jk_rowling

'We both know'? How on earth would I know who you write to? Or do you imagine your missives are handed round like holy relics by the awestruck and intimidated womenfolk? If you want to cosy up to feminists, go lose another court case. We like a laugh.

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: Last week, the Supreme Leader of the Islamic Republic and the commander of the police force threatened women by announcing that if they take off their hijabs, they will be arrested. Here is how Iranian woman responded:

#WomanLifeFreedom