J.K. Rowling

@

@jk_rowling

Funnily enough, Holliday Grainger did lobby me for a case set in Paris! But for me, the plot always comes first, and the settings have to fit it, rather than the other way round.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @LordeVoIdemort: Oh, Voldy, you're getting sentimental in your evil old age xxx

@

@jk_rowling

R to @KaraiMadill1: This makes me so happy, because I think Robin's the most purely loveable character I've ever written.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @colinrtalbot: No apologies necessary! I'm a producer on the TV series and really glad you enjoy it!

@

@NasimiShabnam

RT by @jk_rowling: 📢 'We will fight. We will die. But we will take back our rights.'

Despite Taliban's ruthless suppression of female protesters, the courageous women of Afghanistan took to the streets of Kabul today, demanding their basic human rights.

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: In Mashhad police tried to arrest a Mother for not wearing her hijab. But her son defended her. The police handcuffed him to take him away. People got united-- forcing the police to release him. This is an example of people’s resistance against the regime.

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: The Islamic Republic officials threatened women by announcing that if they take off their hijabs, they will be identified by face recognition cameras and arrested. This is how brave women of Iran responded:
#WomanLifeFreedom

@

@AlinejadMasih

RT by @jk_rowling: Dozens of shops and restaurants in Iran have been shut down for providing services to women who choose not to wear hijab. After the continued civil disobedience of Iranian women against the mandatory hijab laws, the Iranian government has now forcibly closed those places. The struggle of Iranian women these days has become the biggest challenge of the Islamic Republic.
#WomanLifeFreedom

@

@joannaccherry

RT by @jk_rowling: It should not be possible for venues or their staff to no-platform #lesbians & feminists like me who believe that sex is an immutable biological fact. Such discrimination is unlawful as well as unacceptable. This needs widely called out