J.K. Rowling

@

@Rianne_Vogels

RT by @jk_rowling: ✨ The judgment is now final. I won on all points. There will be no appeal

We shouldn’t need the legal system to confirm our democratic rights to discuss sex-based rights or medical ethics, but here we are. My case has already changed the conversation in Norway

Speak freely! ✨

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: This has been a VERY difficult decision. The shortlist for the About To Get A Free Meal For Four At @ilporticolondon is as follows...

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: At the top of the wishful thinking category comes @LudicrousMonica's tweet. 'Something with truffles and they *still* don't kiss'. Wonderful.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: This one from @HelenHighwatr made me laugh, though let me emphasise, I do *not* find the Norfolk accent impenetrable. Please don't send me letters.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: I like @Andi72's plot very much, even though it isn't the story in The Running Grave.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: .@MaryHowden's story idea is also excellent. 'Strained relations ensue' could be the blurb on every Strike novel, after all...

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: Anyway, I can't decide. So all four of you can have dinner for four at @ilporticolondon on me. I'm about to follow you on here and we can fix things up! And thank you to everyone who tweeted their excellent and sometimes bonkers suggestions x

@

@fasc1nate

RT by @jk_rowling: In 1964, a bunch of high school students played hooky to catch a Beatles' concert. Although they failed to gain entry to the show, they had an unexpected encounter with Ringo Starr while they were in their car. Ringo pulled up next to them and took their photograph. However, nobody believed their story when they shared this remarkable encounter with their friends.

Fifty years later, the truth was unveiled when Ringo published a book filled with his personal photographs. Their image was featured in it. In homage to this incredible memory, they recreated the shot.

@

@jk_rowling

For the last twenty-three years I've had a charitable trust that focuses on alleviating social deprivation. Details here: Volant Charitable Trust All my royalties from The Ickabog were donated to the trust to help those hardest hit by Covid, both in the UK and abroad. 1/2

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: You assert that charities 'keep most of the donations for themselves.' I cover 100% of the core costs of @lumos, so that all public donations go directly to help vulnerable children.
I doubt any of this compares to your own philanthropic efforts. Just thought I'd mention it. 2/2

@

@jk_rowling

R to @IsleLesbos: I'm lucky enough to have a manga girls convention in my mentions at least once a week.😏

@

@sharrond62

RT by @jk_rowling: Thank you for at last using the science & asking your athletes. Females have always been worthy of fair sport. And should be at recreational level too. But a good day for common sense & equality of opportunities in sport for women

@

@jk_rowling

R to @Docstockk: Chords feels right and I don’t care what my copy editor says.*

*I do.