J.K. Rowling

@

@angijones

RT by @jk_rowling: Thank you @jk_rowling I was one of the organisers of the event & the lies told by the leaders of both state political parties & spread by an ideologically driven media have decimated my life. It never stops. And I have been given no right of reply or opportunity to clear my name.

@

@simonjedge

RT by @jk_rowling: The i Paper has quietly deleted Patrick Strudwick’s libel. But since the falsehood has been so widely amplified, that falls a long way short of remedy. Sorry guys but you won’t get off that lightly

@

@jk_rowling

R to @sassycarrie: Provide the evidence for this serious allegation that the Nazis were invited there by feminists. Show us the proof.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @love_arran: Sassy, like most of the people making these libellous claims, is so used to operating in a fact-free zone that she imagines making baseless assertions will always be consequence-free.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @sassycarrie: You can't honestly believe this would be considered proof of your allegation that feminists invited Nazis to a Let Women Speak event, in a court of law? Footage of a man sitting in a car making an un-evidenced claim about an unidentifed conservative group?

@

@jk_rowling

R to @sassycarrie: That's not how this works, as surely even you know. You don't get to publish a libel then say 'prove what I'm saying isn't true.' The burden of proof is on the person making the statement. You haven't provided a shred of evidence for your claim, just published another libel.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @paulbam3: What he says in the video *does not support the allegation.* Swear in the bloke in the car - swear in someone who insists their poodle can dance the samba, for all I care. True or false, the testimony would be equally worthless. Neither prove the allegation.

@

@jk_rowling

You lie and smear, assuming you'll live out your days as a hanging judge and never find yourself in the dock. No cultural moment lasts forever. Yesterday's fanatics realise they joined the wrong mob. Populist movements shrivel and fall apart. Robespierre ended on the guillotine.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @tomboytalia: Face it, being called a Nazi by this crowd is like being called a lizard mutant from the plant Zorb. Let's both be careful to keep hiding our imaginary tails from those who're onto us.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @BabyJaysGhost: Then you were very close to where my parents met for the first time!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @arbuthnotting: That made me laugh. I always think 'under the guillotine' sounds as though the person was standing beneath the platform the guillotine was on, and died of unrelated causes.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @francesweetman: If the left's ever scored a bigger own goal than saying child safeguarding, women's rights and free speech are far-right issues, I've never seen it. The idiots pushing this line are going to find it takes a lot of living down.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @FKASerioJosh: I instinctively got that it was in the Jenna Marbles/Julian Somalita sense.