J.K. Rowling

@

@TheRealLindaK

@jk_rowling this is a long shot, but I have to try. I’m not a person to cry ‘I have an incurable cancer, please send me money’ but I would like your help with one thing. I work in automotive textiles, and asked my team to develop at least a sample in suffragette colours in memory of me. It needs a name before we even raise the trial, I would be very happy for your input? Otherwise it’s getting called Winnie’s wisdom ❤️

@

@jk_rowling

Never forget: it's far too unsafe for trans women to use men's bathrooms/changing rooms, because they might get assaulted.

However, it's completely fine for any man who identifies as a woman to use women's bathrooms/changing rooms, because rapists will a women anyway.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @kate_rackham: That’s absolutely wonderful. Sending you and your girls love and healing vibes xxx

@

@kate_rackham

I’ve been reading Harry Potter to my girls since my secondary diagnosis. I thought it would be comforting for them to know that I had read every word in those books to them, for when I’m not here anymore. 4 years later we are about to finish the 5th book! @jk_rowling ❤️

@

@JennyGlover40

Today i turn 50.
My gift to myself was this tattoo. Made famous by the tshirt designed by @Wild_Womyn and worn by @jk_rowling .
It’s fair to say I’m all in and have no more fs to give.

@

@JamesEsses

RT by @jk_rowling: Yesterday, after posting a Tweet saying that I reject the word ‘cis’ and don’t wish to be called it, I receive a slew of messages from trans activists calling me “cissy” and telling me that I am ‘cis’ “whether or not I like it”.

Just imagine if the roles were reversed.

@

@RuwaydaMustafah

R to @jk_rowling: It’s so strange that outside of the ‘West’ no one is talking about cis, he/she, they/them, it/bit.

@

@jk_rowling

'Cis' is ideological language, signifying belief in the unfalsifiable concept of gender identity. You have a perfect right to believe in unprovable essences that may or may not match the sexed body, but the rest of us have a right to disagree, and to refuse to adopt your jargon.

@

@jk_rowling

Just type 'repent, heretic'. Fewer characters and it'll have exactly the same effect on me.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @Yvonne_Biology: This goes way beyond shooting fish in a barrel. It’s more like bludgeoning them when they’re already on the barbecue.

@

@sally_hines

Dear @elonmusk As a Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies whose work over 2 decades has focused on shifting gendered understandings, practices and discourses, my expert opinion is that this is top drawer baloney

@

@TheSpectator

RT by @jk_rowling: "After decades of progress for gay rights, growing acceptance of gay marriage and the normalization of same-sex relationships, Pride is unexpectedly political again. Why?" By @BridgetPhetasy

@

@realchrisrufo

RT by @jk_rowling: This is haunting: A doctor at a major children's hospital explains how puberty blockers shut down a child's hypothalamus, which controls emotions, sexuality, and the aesthetic sense.

"To shut down that system is to shut down what makes us human."