J.K. Rowling

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: And this brought me back to the Victorian romanticisation of sickness and death, which in a very strange way connected to some of what I saw on Tumblr. I saw definite parallels between Victorian attitudes and modern ones.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: I was reading so many Victorian female poets to put me in the mindset and I joked to a friend of mine they had only 3 subjects: 'Lo, behold the bumble bee,' 'Woe is me, the baby's dead' and 'God, thou art stern but will save us.'

@

@jk_rowling

R to @CormStrikeFan: I've got bad news for you. You'd better smoke all you can before now and the publication of the next one!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @JKRsBarmyBooks: Somebody (not Robin) does suggest therapy to him in the next book!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @badly_wired: There you go! My oldest friend is a veteran (I did *not* base Strike on him, I must add, he's a happily married man and dissimilar in many other ways), but he's definitely got that mixture of compassion and practicality.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @JKRsBarmyBooks: hahaha, Midge is young, very physically fit and hot. I think I should slap on a wig and play Pat.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @CormStrikeFan: Which is exactly how I spent my last birthday but one. Took the family to Highgate Cemetery (3rd visit for me, 1st for kids) because I needed to check something for the book and knew they had to humour me that day, at least.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @Rosanne58550352: a) I can't act
b) I'd just keep corpsing
c) and even though he's extremely professional, I think he would, too, watching me trying to deal with a cockatoo while delivering lines.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @MDayCassandra: You want me to do a Hitchcock? Actually, the producer did suggest I sit in the background in a pub scene one time, when I was watching filming, but I really hate seeing myself on screen so it would ruin my enjoyment of watching the finished series!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @JKRsBarmyBooks: Ah, THAT question. Well... Strike's now FINALLY admitted to himself how he feels, while Robin's telling herself she needs to stop feeling what SHE feels... in short, I wouldn't expect this to happen immediately. But I'm not saying never!

@

@jk_rowling

R to @gbjeffen: Yes, yes, yes, well spotted! There's a definite Aurora Leigh connection, all the way to Zoe/Marian Erle.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @robinloveSEDA: Happy relationships make bad fiction. Rest assured, I have a plan.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @JKRsBarmyBooks: Went to get myself a cup of tea and missed this! So - great question, but a little black and white. Has he used women? Definitely, though only once did the woman realise she was being used (Nina) and she had it out with him, too. Is he a good man? I'd say he's a flawed good man.