J.K. Rowling

@

@jk_rowling

Hard to think of anything that better illustrates misogyny than men complaining that a woman has a view on woman’s rights.

@

@jk_rowling

I read my most recent royalty cheques and find the pain goes away pretty quickly.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @GraemeJenkinson: That’s genuinely the most amazing thing I could ever hear. Send him massive love from me!

@

@jk_rowling

You’ve compared feminists to Nazi eugenicists, Billy. You agreed with @grahnort that cancel culture is merely ‘accountability’. Do you believe threats of a and murder are acceptable ‘accountability’?

@

@jk_rowling

R to @billybragg: Self respect? From the guy who tried to use the holocaust to attack feminists? Women standing up for their rights receive constant threats of sexual violence. Some have lost jobs and been attacked at protests. Good to know you and Norton are OK with the culture, though 👍

@

@jk_rowling

I'll never know anyone remotely like Robbie again. He was an incredible talent, a complete one off, and I was beyond fortunate to know him, work with him and laugh my head off with him. I send my love and deepest condolences to his family, above all his children.

@

@BBCRadio4

RT by @jk_rowling: "I've been damn lucky, I think."
The wonderful, incomparable Robbie Coltrane has died. In 1992, he shared his Desert Island Discs with Sue Lawley.

@

@jk_rowling

The international community has to stand with the women of Iran. This is femicide. #MahsaAmini

@

@jk_rowling

R to @0PantheraTigris: You know, it's funny (& this has happened to me countless times), *I* didn't know what Drek was until I was some way into writing the book. I conjured him back to front and had to work it out like Strike - oh, of course, he's got the scythe (nose), he's got the black cloak - duh.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @missedith01: V important character moment for Strike. Army, isn't it? I know a few veterans. They'd do that, no bother, and not make the recipient feel embarrassed about it, either.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @JKRsBarmyBooks: This is a biggie. The central theme of TIBH is sickness. At the (dark) heart is anomie, a sickness of disconnection, the kind of amoral nihilism you find in people who find no place for themselves in any of the sustaining things that keep human beings grounded –

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: real life friends, family, sense of purpose, meaningful work and so on. Then you’ve got obsession, which when extreme can become mental illness. In the mods of the game, we have a group of individuals who’ve latched on to TIBH and whose obsession becomes central to their lives.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: Most were looking for those things that keep anomie at bay - community, friendship, a hobby – and there’s nothing ignoble about wanting those things, we all need them. Yet things have become toxic inside the game: they thought they’d found an escape from the real world

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: but there was a sickness in the online refuge they found, too. And then you've got the more literal illnesses and disabilities in the book, people struggling with the daily reality of chronic illness, pain and so on, not least Strike.

@

@jk_rowling

R to @jk_rowling: He reaches a crisis in this book and is forced up against some hard facts: change your lifestyle, or your career’s over. And his health crisis mirrors his emotional crisis. He’s voluntarily lived in denial about his feelings for Robin and change is forced upon him there, too.